05 | hiraeth

05. HIRAETH.

. . . .

WHEN she first came in, Taehyung had a few moments of regretting his decision. He kept assuring himself that everything is going to be okay, she is only here to draw and nothing else.

Not like a baby could pop out of nowhere without going through some process. Not like bringing a girl to your house means you must conceive something from the meeting.

But after only a few minutes spending time with Eloise, he found those assuring words pointless and everything just felt so right when she's around.

At first he hesitated about introducing his personal space — the window alcove — to her, heck, he was too afraid to even let Eloise enter his room. Never once in his life Taehyung ever allowed a girl invade his personal space.

But now, here they're, literally camping on the window alcove with vanilla scent from a candle induced the atmosphere in the room. Everything stirred so slowly, so perfectly that time was something buried behind the back of his head.

Kim Taehyung always felt the clock ticked so slow, but he wouldn't mind if the time froze in this moment. Something swelled within him when she's around, something he has been longing for, something that felt like a home that never existed; a hiraeth. He liked the comfort, and the thought of someday it would no longer exist, it ruined the entire mood, honestly.

And the worst part that he knew it would happen, eventually, someday, somehow.

Sometimes, that someday can happen in just one second.

"Thank you for showing me to this beautiful view, Taehyung. You've let me to enter your personal space too, which I really appreciate." She looked so stoic as ever; face always lacking of emotions. However, Taehyung found her intriguing.

"It's no problem."

"May I ask you something? If it's too personal, you don't have to answer."

"Sure."

Eloise stayed quite for a while, contemplating her choice of words. "Do you like flowers?"

In his head, Taehyung giggled at how polite she was. "I do, a lot. They're beautiful and trigger my inspirations as an art student."

Eloise nodded her head. "Agree. I think they're really beautiful too. I really like your garden, you've done a great job of taking care of it."

She seemed so cold towards everything, but as a someone who appreciates silence too much, Taehyung found her presence calming in some ways.

Maybe Eloise was right about them having similarities.

Or,

They're two different beings. Just two that found something in each other.