06 | languid afternoon

06. LANGUID AFTERNOON.

. . . .

THE next day was another typical day for Taehyung — go to work and nestled himself behind the counter, waiting for an order which rarely came considering how this coffee shop was pretty much isolated.

The smell of cocoa fluctuated in the air, people were absorbed by their books, seemingly lost in their own bubbles which shielded them from the faint typing sounds from those who used laptops.

Taehyung propped his chin on the back of his palm, huffing out of sheer boredom and tapped his fingers on the counter table, gaze would flicker in an interval of few seconds to the ticking old, wooden clock, impatiently waiting for his shift to end.

Just when he was about to close his eyes due to the boredom he felt, the bells chimed, indicating a new customer had came in.

He straightened his posture, did some rearranging of his appearance, getting ready to greet the customer with a mechanic speech that he had repeated for countless times.

Once he was done with his things, he snapped his head to the new customer, was about to say his greetings but immediately froze when he saw Eloise standing on the other side of the counter.

"Vanilla Latte, please?" Her tone was flat as usual, expressionless. Although Taehyung might have caught a glimpse of something that hardly resembled a smile on her face for a fraction of a second, he decided it was only a mere hallucination and shrugged it off.

"Anything else?" Taehyung asked back, writing down her name on the cup.

"Are you not going to ask for my name?"

"Was it necessary?" He wriggled his eyebrows as a mocking smile danced on his lips.

Eloise just chuckled a bit at his response.

A bit. But enough to make Taehyung felt like he had just achieved something and produced butterflies in his stomach.

"Anyways, Taehyung, are you free after your shift?"

"Yeah. I always am. Why?"

Her expression remained stoic, but her blue eyes literally beamed at his answer. He noticed that.

"I have something to show you."

Taehyung tilted his head. "Uhm, sure? My shift will end in about one hour, if you don't mind waiting."

Eloise nodded. "Noted. And that's okay, I don't mind at all. Besides," she stopped before continuing, "Now that you have showed your personal space to me, it's my turn to show you something dear to me."