Chapter Seven: His Eulogy

I wanted to give a eulogy at his funeral when and if he passes. So...I have compiled what I would say.

It's good to see that Shawn had so many people who cared about him. For those of you who don't know me, I'm Shawn's niece, but to me Shawn wasn't just my uncle, he was my best friend. For sixteen years, he has been my friend. He wasn't a fireman, a veteran, or a policeman. He was a biker with a dream, and if that doesn't make him a hero, then I don't know what does.

Shawn put his family and friends first before anything else, just like I do. He liked to chase storms, putting himself in danger in order to chase those tempermental storms that could change in a second, and he did that for fun. His stormchasing days are behind him, but he will forever be a biker. Riding the greatest Harley there is in heaven with God at his side. I can already see him leaving tire marks on the clouds. Black marks against pearly white.

He'll get to go after all those squirrels...and be the happiest person that there could ever be, but he won't put aside any of us. Those of us sitting here, he'll be watching over, protecting us, and keeping us from doing all the stupid things that we could possibly think of. Right now, he's here. Maybe not in person, but he lives on in a little piece of us, which means that he is here right now. He'd probably smack my forehead and tell me to quit the mushy gushy. So I want this to end on some sort of good note.

We all loved Shawn and he loved us. Let's not be sad, because we all know that Shawn wouldn't want that. He would want us to be happy. We say goodbye to an uncle, friend, brother, and son, but we gain a crazy angel in heaven. Thank you all for coming tonight.

I don't know when or if I will write the final chapter, but I will do what I can to end this almost memoir if it has to become a memoir.