Chapter 10: Affirmation (Jin's POV)

Luna's phone vibrated indicating that someone was calling her. Who could that be at this hour?

She answered her phone and accidentally pressed the speaker. "Hello, Lefelyn." She greeted. Her voice has no trace of sorrow. I want to see the real her. Without any masks to hide her flaws cause I know I will love her through and through.

"Noona, Namjoonie-hyung and Yoongi-hyung had a car accident." The woman on the other line informed her. I vaulted out of my seat, however, Luna held onto my arm which made me to stand still. My heart was racing. My two best buds. What happened to them?

"Where are they?" There was a hint of distress in her voice yet her face remained calm. Her hand was cold as an ice. I held on it to keep her warm then smiled at her lovingly. It will be okay. They have to be okay.

"They are here at Asian Hospital. Namjoon-hyung didn't suffer badly. Yoongi-hyung took a lot of damage. He needed an immediate surgery." There were background noises thus she told Luna she had to go. I checked the time and it was only 5 minutes to midnight there wouldn't be any traffic at this hour.

"JK do you know how to drive?" She turned to the youngster. "Yes, I know." The kid answered. He was the same as me. Alert and anxious. "Jin, is it okay if JK will be the one to drive? You're under the influence of alcohol and I don't want you to get into an accident too." She really knew the right words to say to avoid other people to be hurt. It was one of the few things I love about her. I handed my car keys to JK. It was a good thing that I brought my normal car, however, the 6 of us won't fit in.

"Noona, it's okay if you, Jin-hyung and JK will be the one to go there first. I will call my driver and Jimin and Hobi-hyung will be sharing the ride with me." Taehyung suddenly mentioned. "Okay make sure to call me." With that, we went on our way. In less than an hour, we reached the said hospital.

As soon as the car was parked, Luna dashed out and went inside the emergency room. "JK, hurry." I called out to him then I ran after her. As soon as I entered the emergency room, I saw Luna as she hurriedly went to Namjoon's side. There was an ache in my heart but I chose to disregard it. This isn't the time to feel this certain emotion. I must endure and give support. I knew she was doing it 'cause she cares a lot. That has always been her blessing and her curse. She scrutinized Namjoon's condition. He only had a few scratches on his arm and face and a bumped on his head. She was afraid of blood, but she chose to endure her suffering. Not letting anyone had a knowledge about it. I put my denim jacket on her shoulder since I knew she easily gets cold. The doctor-in-charged said that Namjoon can go home but he needed to monitor his condition. If he suffered any dizziness or vomiting, he needed to go back to the hospital to get checked.

"Where is Yoongi?" She turned to Nurse Lefelyn as soon as the doctor was out of sight. Her voice was full of concern and love for the man. Yes, endure it Jin. You knew that she loves him ever since you're both in high school. You knew you will always be the guy best friend so be contented with it.

"He's in the operating room, 6th floor." She informed Luna. Luna almost fell due to shock. I caught her right on time. "It's better if you take some rest at home." She just shook her head. I saw in her eyes how willing she was to stay and wait for him just to know that he was fine. How lucky you are, bro, to have this kind of woman who loves you unconditionally. I could feel my heart shattering into a million pieces.

I desired to take her home as I knew the operation would take a long time depending on the gravity of the injury. I looked around and saw JK, and Taehyung and the others helping Namjoon in settling the bills. Then, I looked at Luna again and saw her eyes full of regret. From that moment, I knew she was blaming herself but I couldn't tell her that it was no one's fault. She only listens to Min Yoongi. I hated to admit it but it hurts me every time she ran after Yoongi and listen to him like a love-struck puppy. But, I guess that's what you call love. You freely give it to a person without asking anything in return.