Chapter 1

Kylie's POV

I looked at the building my taxi had parked in front of. I paid the driver with a small smile and walked inside. It was huge inside. 

Oh! Let me tell you what I'm here for.

I am here for a job interview to work under Patrick Bateman. I'm also trying to make it big out in the world.

I looked around and smiled seeing a secutairy. I walked up to the male. He looked up and smiled at me. "Hi can I help you?" He asked. I nodded. "Uh yes hi. I'm here for an interview with Patrick Bateman. My name is Kylie Grant." I said to him. 

He looked over the computer. He picked up his phone and called someone. "Jean? Hey, Mr. Bateman's eleven o'clock is here." He said. He listened to the person on the other side of the phone.

He looked at me and smiled.

"Head on up. thirty fifth floor." He said to me hanging up as I signed in at the desk's sign up sheet. I nodded and went to the elevator. I hit the button of the floor I was needed to go to and waited as it went up.

I hated elevators but I had to admit there a time saver.

I sighed as the metal death trap of an elevator stopped at the thirty fifth floor. I put on a smile and walked out. I saw a lady at the elevator. she was a pretty lady in a plain way just like me with her strawberry blonde hair and blue eyes. 

She gave a tired smile. Her body language just shouted that she was tired mentally, not just physically.  

"Hi. You must be Kylie Grant. I'm Jean. I work for Mr. Bateman." She said holding out a hand for me to shake. I smiled to her and shook hands with her.

She looked me over. "Oh good you wore what he told you to wear... except the heels." She said biting her lip looking down at my sneakers. "Yes. Well these are all that I have at the moment." I told her. 

She nodded in understanding. 

"Make sure that you tell him that, and that you get some. Mr. Bateman likes heels." She said. I nodded but was confused. "Ok? But I thought that I was interviewing for a house keeping job?" I asked.

She nodded. "That's what he told me. But like I said, Mr. Bateman likes heels on women, and skirts or dresses." She said as she lead me to a door. She knocked on the door. "Enter." A deep voice said threw the door.

She gave me a kind smile and walked away.

I could get the feeling that if I get this job, she and I could be friends.

I opened the office door and walked in. 

"Ah you must be Miss Kylie Grant?" I looked at the man behind the desk. Mr. Patrick Bateman. He was a handsome man. He had dark blackish brown hair. His dark eyes seemed to hold something in them.

He gave a smile as he looked me over, but I noticed it drop when he looked at my dirty sneakers. "I told you heels." He said. I kept my huff of frustration to myself. 

"I don't have them yet. There still in one of my boxes that I'm waiting to be delivered." I said. 

Mr. Bateman included an apartment beside his own so that I would be able to get to his home while also keeping my own privacy.

I saw his jaw twitch

"Look. I am here to be your personal shopper and house keeper. Not be a fashion model. I don't think me not wearing heels should be a problem sir." I said. He looked me in the eyes. I sucked my lips in reliseing that I just snapped at my potential boss. 

He chuckled. 

"You are different. Now tell me why I should hire you." He said leaning back.

I sighed with relief that he didn't order me to get out, I then proceeded to tell him about why I should be hired. I really needed this job. The promised pay was great and an apartment? Hell yeah I wanted this job.

"What are your talents?" He asked. That was strange for the job description I was interviewing for but oh well.

"I can sing a bit. I really enjoy music." I told him. He nodded. "Sing me something." He ordered. I gave a smile. "I said I can sing. Doesn't mean I'm good at it." I said. He chuckled. "I'm guessing that is your way of getting out of singing?" He asked. I grinned and nodded.

He nodded as well.

"Ok. But I will hear you sing someday. Jean will give you the address to the apartment along with your keys. A company car will be given to you. I will call the moving company that has your things to have moved to your place." He said.

I looked at him shocked. I got the job?

He saw my look and laughed. 

"Yes. You got the job. Did you know you talk out loud when you're shocked?" He asked. I felt my face heat up. "No I didn't." I said. I saw him tense up looking at me. It was strange. But then he smiled and stood. 

I stood as well and shook the hand he now held out for me to shake.

"Welcome Miss. Grant." He said.

If I knew then what I know now. I would've ran far away from that blood stained hand.