o n e

It was nearly late at night when Jeon Jungkook picked up his phone to check his notifications on Instagram. He had been busy all day, but he never forgot to make his devoted fans happy.

As soon as he opened his phone while lying on his bed, he found the notification bar overflowing with likes and comments to the photo he had recently uploaded.

The picture was of a giveaway of his favorite snacks: box of chocolate cookies, a box of chocolate pastries and brownies, two jars of caramel cheesecake and three bottles of strawberry milkshakes.

It was his habit to always make a giveaway of the leftovers after he had held a food stall in the streets. However, he didn't want to call the baked goods as 'leftovers', because they were too good to be called so.

Most of the time, the customers would love the items he made, so much that they would never forget to takeaway the snacks and bring the products of the stall to an end, but today Jungkook delightedly made too many of them, with a special intent to gift those to his followers.

Even so, the only items left were very few compared to what Jungkook expected.

Nevertheless, he scrolled through the comments on the particular picture, his thin lips curving into a beautiful smile after reading all the lovely wishes that his supporters gave him.

He shifted in his bed and reached for a book and pen which were placed on his bedside table. He started writing the usernames that commented so that he could later draw the winner's name.

It was basically easy for him to write them, because there were very rare who wouldn't consist of his name. They were funny and cute, and Jungkook enjoyed jotting them down.

As he scrolled, his finger stopped and his eyes set on a particular username, the one which he found very strange and unique. His eyes initially found the first letters IU, and for a split second he thought of his favourite person.

He read the username again.

iunderstandyou

He frowned at the name, then a smile crept its way to his lips.

This is unique. He had never thought that people would keep this phrase as a username, but he didn't know why, he was fascinated by it.

He read the comment, but it was not so different from others.

I want it but I don't expect to be given this ahaha. Hope this giveaway and the ones in future are easy for you! Lots of love!

He clicked the name, but scrunched his nose up when he found that the user had kept their account private.

He read the bio and he found it poetic: don't want to even dream myself without you, doesn't matter if it's a knightmare when you're with me

As much as he wanted to, he wasn't going to send a follow request to the person. His supporters, with his best friends, would bombard him with questions in direct messages.

Knowing he had only one alternative, he quickly went back to his post and edited it.

Sorry for the inconvenience, but please keep your accounts public if you want the giveaway, at least for the period of time it is given. It gets a little bit problematic when I want to shortlist the followers but they have private accounts. Hope you understand. Thankyou!

Even after editing it, he didn't fully believe that the particular person would change the settings just because he told them to.

He checked the account once more, again slightly disappointed to find it private.

He read a few more comments, quickly wrote down the usernames, including the one he loved, and kept his phone aside to sleep.

And wake up to the seemingly unexpected.