Chapter 2

B watched as Gayatri scribbled in her red notebook, large letters covering in the front in another language.

"What does it say?" He asked, shifting on his bed to face the floating female. Tyson curled around him with his eyes stuck on the boy.

"Information." Gayatri replied bluntly. Her pen was her own finger that bled out gold from the tip of the bone.

"Can you tell me something about L?"

Gayatri stopped writing, closing her book. "His real name satisfaction for you?"

B nodded with a large grin, his eyes wide in anticipation. He finally had something on L, that no one else would know about.

"L Lawliet."

B's eyebrows shot up as he took in the small bit of information. His mouth stretched into a smirk as he began to cackle, his head tilted back.

Gayatri looked at him blankly, her head tilted to the side. "Something funny?"

"L's real name... has L in it! This is to good!" B said, holding his side with laughter.

Gayatri was about to reply until she froze, her head snapped to the door. A small boy stood by the door with his eyes wide, staring at the still laughing B.

"We got a visitor." She hissed.

B stopped laughing to turn to the door, making him freeze as well. "A...?"

'A' was rather small, a large sweater covering most of his body. In his hands was spoon that he kept fiddling with. His mousy brown hair covered almost all of his eyes, which were blue.

"B-B... what was that...?" A whispered in shock.

Gayatri groaned, slamming her notebook onto her forehead. She knew this would happen at one point. At least it was A and not L.

B turned to look at Gayatri, his eyes narrowed. "Can we trust him?"

"Yes."

A jumped as Gayatri appeared before him, scaring the living hell out of the small boy.

"Good evening, A. My name is Gayatri and I am B's... informater." Gayatri introduced herself with a small bow.

A began to shake, Tyson also appearing. "B... w-what are they?"

"My..." B trailed off. "Friends."

Gayatri cackled at that.

---

"A, B. Meet C. She is a fellow successor."

B had his eyes wide as he looked at the girl. Gayatri smirked at him, her head tilted. "Good evening, B and A. Lovely to meet you."

A gave a shaky hand to her, gently shaking her own.

B did the same, raising an eyebrow at the female. Gayatri had somehow turned into another successor, a human successor, and became C.

It threw both A and B through a loop or two.

---

"So, you're C."

"And you are L," Gayatri smirked. "You are much shorter in person."

L ignored her small jab at his height, instead looking at tue small red book under her arm. He nodded to it with raised eyebrows.

Gayatri followed his line of sight with another smirk, lifting the notebook.

"Anything you need, boy?" Gayatri taunted, taking a few steps back when L tried to snatch the notebook out of her hand.

L's left eyebrow twitched in annoyence as he reached for the notebook once more. Gayatri laughed, lifting it above her head where L could not reach.

"Why do you need my notebook, boy? You curious?" Gayatri taunted once more. She kept taking steps back, twirling a few times.

L lunged another time, his arm stretched out. He did not know why but he wanted that notebook, to see what was inside.

'Poor child can't comprehend that I am still taller than him!' Gayatri crowed to herself. She climbed atop a table, leaping from table to table as to stay out of L's reach.

B stood by the door as he watched the interaction, getting a small sense of satisfaction from L's frustration.

"Uh oh," Gayatri called out with a big grin. "The smartest boy can not reach higher than a girl!"

L stopped jumping for the notebook, instead lifting his thumb to his mouth in thought. "What ever is in that book is making you protect it enough to not give it to me."

Gayatri gwaffed, her head tilted backwards as she twirled on the table she was currently on.

"Smart boy took exactly-" She lifted her wrist tauntingly, pretending to look at an invisible watch. "Six minutes and twelve seconds to realise that simple fact, that B, over there, would have realised the first time I lifted it out of his reach."

B smirked, feeling a sense of pride.

"But, I am afraid I must go." Gayatri bowed dramatically.

"Why?" L asked, biting his thumb slightly.

"Well, since you asked," Gayatri annouced, spinning on her heel to face the nearby window. "I am aiming to join the navy."

B choked on his spit as L's eyes widened. "What!?"

"You honestly expected me to become your successor--- when I could become something much greater--- without even asking for my permission?"

---

"Do not worry, boys." Gayatri said with a wave of her boney hand.

"You just said that you were joining the navy! What about our plan!?" B raged, pacing around.

A merely nodded along, his eyes wide in mild shock.

Gayatri laughed. "That is my cover."

B stopped pacing as he tilted his head to face the skeleton.

"A is supposed to commit suicide," A's eyes widened even more in horror, his hands begining to shake. "While you commit a large murder spree. Just mere seconds before either of you die, I shall turn you into one of my own."

"'One of your own'?" B recited with a small sense of glee.

"Yes, I merely have to touch your heart."

"Does that mean you have to force... your hand into our chests?" A mumbled as he began to fiddle with his spoon.

Gayatri nodded. B began laughing, his face showing his giddiness at the thought of being a creature with infinte knowledge. Nothing could stop him from taking over L's position and be an even better detective.

"By the way, you can never show yourself to certain people. Those people will be told to you in the nearby future."

"H-How would an information keeper... die?" A asked.

B stopped his laughter for a moment. They both stared at Gayatri, who stayed silent for a second.

"If we ever stop collecting information for longer than a minute."

"What kind of information?"

"Any."