Chapter 3 [A'S FAKE DEATH WARNING]

"You'll be fine." B reassured. A began shaking, his hands clutching the noose.

They were outside, staying next to an old willow tree that hung over a small pond. A kept looking at Gayatri who floated above him calmly, his eyes wide in fear.

"B, go get someone to witness." Gayatri ordered, her hands gripping the rope. She gently slipped the noose over A's head. "Do not worry, A. I'll catch you."

"P-Promise...?" A whimpered as he watched B run off, his knees begining to shake.

"I promise."

---

"L! Watari!" B screamed as he ran into the house, his eyes wide with tears falling. It was all an act though, for Gayatri's plan.

L looked over with raised eyebrows, Watari calmly walking over to B.

"What is wrong, B?" Watari kindly asked.

"A-A! He's going to fall!"

---

Gayatri held the rope, watching the door as three figures sprinted out. One lagged behind slightly, most likely L, as B ran like the wind towards her and A.

"Ready?" Gayatri asked A, who nodded with tears falling.

"Will it hurt?"

"A! STOP!" Watari screamed as he fell onto his knees, his arm stretched out. L was barely past him when he realised just what A was doing.

"Not at all."

Gayatri gently let go of the rope as A dropped like a rag doll.

---

"I-It worked..."

Gayatri nodded to the newly formed information keeper, who clutched her robe. He was rather small for an information keeper, almost child like. He was clothed in a large sweater that barely covered his knees.

On his head was a mop of brown, straw like hair with three horns creeping out.

B sat on his chair just before the policeman, his head hanging. His hair covered his smirking face, his cheeks almost splitting from the glee.

It worked. It actually worked.

All he had to do was wait for his turn.

"Of course it did. It was my plan." Gayatri said, gloating ever so slightly.

"What are IK flaws?" B suddenly asked outloud, ignoring the confused look from the policeman.

"Ayam most likely has confidence problems. I personally am rather cocky for an 'IK' but I can also be rather stupid at times when it comes to explaining things, evem if I seem like iIam doing a good job right now."

"Ayam is my new name?" Ayam, or A, asked with a hint of pride in his voice.

Gayatri nodded once more, floating towards a wall. She stuck her head through it, watching the two males inside the room. If she was human, she would've smirked.

'Is it bad that I might be sexuality attracted to an 13 year old?' Gayatri mused to herself before cackling outloud. 'I am centuries older than anyone though, so it don't matter!'

"Gayatri-Senpai?"

Gayatri turned her head to see a small snake like shadow travel along the wall towards her.

"---," She greeted. "Is there something that you need?"

The snake traveled around her neck as it dangled. "Kami-Kun wanted to check on you."

Gayatri felt annoyed for a second. The stupid boy did not just know when to leave her alone.

"I allow him into the human world for a few hundred years and he gains a following." Gayatri muttered under her breath. She slipped fully into the room, sitting on a chair.

She waited until both Watari and L were looking away to appear, her head resting on her palm.

"Evening, gentlemen." Gayatri purred, enjoying that they both jump.

"...C." L greeted quietly.

Gayatri smirked as she leaned in, her eyebrow raised. "What do you think?"

"About...?"

"A's passing."

Both men froze, Watari sent a scolding look. "C..." He warned.

"I watched. His rope was held up before her dropped, do you really think the boy just fell?" Gayatri teased when L looked away. "He was weak anyway."

L stood up and walked out the door after the last comment, Watari following like a little puppy. Gayatri grinned crudely, watching them leave. L paused just outside the door and turned his head slightly.

He glared, his hands in his pockets. "C. You are hearby no longer a successor to me."

"Too bad," Gayatri sung. "I know your true name anyway so that's a bonus."

She stood up and walked towards L, her hands behind her back with a large grin. L froze when she came close, his eyes wide and sceptic.

---

"This is rather strange." Ayam muttered as he began to float around, flailing his arms around madly.

Gayatri cackled, spinning around like it was as simple as breathing. Which she couldn't exactly do.

B watched with mild amusement when Ayam slipped through a wall. Gayatri followed like a swimmer, her arms turning in a clockwork motion.

It was an hour before B saw them again, both upside down on the roof.