Chapter 4

"You!"

Gayatri turned around, her head having to lower slightly. She was in her human form and she still towered over quite a few humans.

"Who're you?" She asked with raised eyebrows, her arms folded. Ayam stood close to her, his hand resting on her elbow.

He had managed to get his old form back even if he was much taller than he was in life.

"You ruined me! You sent those- those Shinigami after me!" The crazy man yelled at Gayatri.

Gayatri tilted her head, trying to remember the face.

An old short man with whispy black hair, a long beard traveling almost to his feet. He wore typical homeless clothes that seemed to almost fall apart with every movement. He wore nothing on his feet.

His eyes were a bright green.

"Oh. You," Gayatri drawled. "I remember you now. You are supposed to be dead for your crimes."

The man's face flushed in anger as he tried to launch himself at her, his hands stretched out far enough to show the unhealthy length that they were.

Ayam stepped forwards, his hand pulling out his newly kept notebook. He lifted his right pointer finger threatingly. "One more move and I ask the Shinigami king to slaughter you like a pig."

The man froze, his green eyes widening in horror. His mouth opened slowly to try and plea for forgiveness.

Gayatri began chuckling, her shoulders bouncing. Only now did the man realise that everyone was staring at him.

"He must be crazy..."

"Or on drugs,"

"Cooky old men."

Gayatri began to full out cackle as her hands clutched her side. "You idiot! You honestly thought that I would allow you to talk to us in public!?"

Ayam slowly began write when the old man cried out in horror.

"They think I'm crazy!" He yelled, clutching his hair. "How could I be so stupid!?"

The old man froze after a few more seconds of realising his stupidity. He clutched his heart, slipping to the floor with a thud. People began screaming as Gayatri chuckled once more.

"Send the Shinigami king our thanks, Ayam."

---

"So you got the Shinigami king to kill someone, in public?" B asked.

They were all in Los Angeles, preparing for B's homicide.

"I am not going to leave loose strings," Gayatri drawled with crossed arms.

B scoffed, sharpening a small knife and slipped it into his boot. Gayatri gently combed his hair into a mess, forcing knots into random areas. "You ready to sacrifice yourself...?"

"Of course," B replied with a grin, standing up. Gayatri towered over him still, no matter his age. "What kind of future God would I be if I couldn't make a few sacrifices along the way?"

Gayatri paused. She looked down at B with a glare, freezing him.

"You will never be a God. We already have many of them in our ranks, worshipped by your species. There will also be a stupid, stupid, boy thinking he is the God of the new world in the future. Ryuk--the idiot-- decided he was bored and dropped his notebook." Gayatri explained to B with a small growl.

Ayam stuck his head in from the ceiling, gripping a small notebook in his arms. "Everything is ready. The girl is just finishing taking a shower."

B sent a look at Ayam, raising an eyebrow. Ayam managed to flush in mild horror, his jaw dropping slightly.

"BB, I didn't mean it that way--!" Ayam said as he disapeared into the ceiling, his face burning.

Gayatri let out a bellow of laughter, throwing her head back in amusment. B--now BB-- copied her, chuckling. Gayatri grabbed his shoulder and pushed him towards the door.

"Go get her, tiger."

---

"I REFUSE TO GO!" BB bellowed, clutching a knife to his chest. He stared into the eyes of a horrified Naomi Misora, who was holding a computer with a fancy L on it.

"B, please. Calm down." The mechanical voice from the computer tried to soothe, the screen flickering slightly.

BB let out a breathy laugh before looking to the ceiling, where Gayatri hovered. "I'm ready. Is everyone ready for me...?"

"Of course, they are, you imbicle." Gayatri scoffed. BB scowled in a show of hatred, all of his actions fake.

"B, who are you talking to?"

BB smirked and stared into the camera lense of the computer, his hands shaking. "You really wish to know? Why don't you meet her?"

Gayatri sighed before appearing, her wings and back being pushed into her body by the too small room. Naomi screamed in horror, dropping the computer. She scrambled back, holding up a gun.

BB cackled in his corner, waiting for L to speak.

It took a minute before the computer screen flashed to a dark room, out of sight from Naomi. The tired face of the true L appeared, staring at Gayatri in shock.

"L... meet the true reason to mine and A's deaths." BB annouced.

L gaped for a second before glaring through the screen at Gayatri. "B, what do you mean by your--?"

Gayatri's hand shot out into BB's chest, clutching around the heart. BB screamed momentarily, his body dropping as both he and Gayatri slowly disapeared. L yelled for a second, his hand reaching towards the screen.

"Misora! Misora, are you OK? What happened? What did you see?" L ordered, shaking his computer from his side.

"I-I'm fine... I-I think B just died, his body disapeared a-and... there is just a knife where he used to be-- no wait," Naomi struggled to get onto her feet as her knees shook, her eyes darting around in fear that Gayatri would appear again.

"What? Misora, tell me."

"There... there is a note." Naomi muttered, reaching for it.

"Do not touch it!" Naomi's hand froze just barely seconds away from the little note. "It could be evidence."

"Of course..." Naomi muttered again and straightened up, turning to face the original screen saver that held L's commen L.

---

"What... was that...?" L murmered to himself, chewing absently on a lollipop.

Watari stood close, sometimes handing over a piece of paper. L continued to murmer tp himself.

"I see you are trying to figure out what Gayatri is,"

Both males froze, slowing turning to face the monster that was in the corner.

A tall demon looking creature grinned at them with red eyes and a toga wrapping around it's body.

"And what happened with both mine and A's deaths."

"B-B...?" L whispered, his eyes wide.

"BB is correct. Good evening, my name is Ayam."

"I am Gayatri. We have a deal for you, L Lawliet."