1.

The fragrance of lavender was quite soothing and fresh as I stared at the field in front of me. Having a college campus as big as this one had it's own perks. The wind blew past me as I marvelled at the beauty of nature. 

Papa was going to collect me today as he had some business with our principal; Mr. Louis who happened to be my dad's close friend. My phone rang and Dad flashed across the screen. As I picked up the phone and before I could answer he already started,"I'm done Bella, come by the gate." I replied with a "yes papá" and cut the call.

Reaching the gate I saw him nearing the car. As he saw me he smiled and it made me smile in turn . It was always great to see him and mamá smiling. I sat on the front seat with him on the driving wheel. " How was your day Bella?" he asked while moving out through the gate and getting on the main road. " It was pretty good Papá. 
Kat has a dinner party at her home today. "The house is going to be crazy", he chuckled.
I laughed as I imagined the chaos happening in there right now. Dad too laughed as he knew how hyper Kat was. In fact he was dropping me off at hers' because she had skipped school to help in the preparation. And she also wanted me to attend the party. 

As we were almost close to reaching her house, it was pretty clear that her house was away from the city and more closer to the nature. It was soothing to see greenery and feel the solitude that came along. Kat and me had been friends since over a year after my family shifted to Bradford for Dad's work. It was hard leaving Ohio as I had many of my friends there and I was skeptical how the shifting would turn out to be. But I got a few friends here too and I met Kat so it was a pretty good move now that I think of it. 

Reminiscing about the shifting I did not realize that we had reached. Dad called out to me and I told him that the party would be getting over a little late. He smiled and told me he would be coming to pick me up. It brought some guilt to me as he would have to do the extra work just because I wanted to stay a bit late. Sensing that I was thinking the same he smiled and said," That's the least I can do for my Bella. Don't worry too much. Enjoy the party and tell Kat and Noah I said 'hi'.  Also call me beforehand when you are ready to leave so you don't have to wait. Sí?" I nodded with a smile and got out of the car as I saw him pull out of the driveway.

As I reached the porch I saw a pup running around as his mother was playfully chasing him. This was a house of werewolves. One of the many reasons why it was secluded and so close to nature. Dad had always dropped me some distance away as I had always insisted to walk till here as I loved the trail that followed. And also because he shouldn't be knowing about this truth so soon. It had been four months since I've known and it took me some time to grasp the whole thing. 

Katherine's family were amazing and too kind. It felt too good to be with them but I didn't want to break it out to dad in a wrong way. I was waiting for a month or so to tell him and mamá. Of course they would understand but I was still not sure.

I realized I was at the door as the brown mahogany entrance came in view. As I was about to press the bell I was tackled sideways by someone. As the scent of jasmine floored my senses I knew it was Kat. I was on the floor and she was laughing as I let out an 'oomph'. Even I joined her in a laughing fit as I realized this was the crazy side that I absolutely loved about my best friend. 

She was a beautiful soul inside out. As she was done tackling me she got up and pulled me up with her. She was taller than me standing at a five point nine against my five point five. Apparently being a werewolf had it's own perks. She had fiery red hair that went with her bright green eyes. Basically she was just too pretty. And my best friend. I had a big smile on as I saw her being too excited about the upcoming party. " So are the preparations done?" I asked and she nodded enthusiastically. " Yes. They're almost done. Mom just has to check everything one last time." As she was talking she linked my hand through hers and began walking inside the house.