3.

The screams pierced through the air. And Kat froze. Her eyes were glazed as though she was communicating through her mind link. As the screams increased it was clear that something bad was going to happen. As I turned to go towards the window to see what was happening Kat pulled me back.

"Don't". She said and I could sense the panic behind her voice.

"Please tell me what it is Kat. You're not going to get hurt right? Your pack is safe right? What about Noa, your mom and dad. Oh God. I-" she cut me off in the middle and shook me thoroughly.

"Breathe Bambi. They're all fine. We'll be fine. Don't worry." As she finished the door was pushed open by Noa and he looked too angry and worried. "I was knocking since forever. I got worried. And Mom and dad are fine. We'll handle it together." he stated as Kat was about to ask the same.

"But first I am getting you safe baby blues. I don't want them to hurt you."

I nodded firmly. " I am going nowhere. I am staying with you. I can't let you get hurt. Please understand."

"No you understand babe. They'll hurt you badly. Also you can be a distraction. Don't stay here. We'll be fine. I love you okay? And you are not returning till you drop her till her doorstep Noah."

Noah nodded at her as though making a promise. She hugged me tightly and I couldn't help but it was difficult not to cry.

"And I love you. Please stay safe. Promise me" I whispered to her. " I do. We still have to eat those delicious blueberry muffins remember?" She laughed and it made me laugh too. "Of course we have to." I hugged her once again and Noah clasped my hand in his and tagged me along.

I turned back once and mouthed,"Stay safe" and she said it back. She left the room and headed in the direction of Alphas' office.

The front door was the most risky to go from so Noah brought me to the escape that had been planned for emergency situations. It was wide enough to pass through easily. And it brought us directly in the forest. But I couldn't remove the images of the pack members who were panicking and trying to stay strong at the same time. It was horrible. It broke my heart to see the pups so vulnerable and not even understanding what was happening. And to add to the guilt Noah had to drop me instead look after his pack.

"This is not your fault baby blues. You did not cause this and you are not feeling guilty. Okay?"

"Si. I really wish I could help. But I know you're not leaving them like this." It hurt to think that any of pack members would get hurt. They were family now. In those four months that I had known the truth I had met everyone and knew about them. They didn't deserve any of this.

"No I am not. They sure as hell are paying for what they've started." He said with determination clearly shining in his voice. And I smiled at him," You would be an amazing Alpha. Probably the best." I teased him. He was training a lot since years and I knew he would leave no stones unturned.

"Probably. Seriously. I'm deeply hurt by thou doubt in me" he laughed and tugged me to walk a little faster.

"That was the motive Noa." I played along but the howling of wolves stopped me in my tracks.