8.

Stretching my arms above my head I woke up. I removed the duvet from my body and turned around to find the other side of the bed empty. He wasn't here. The blinds were still closed and I stifled a yawn. I realised I was quite hungry and I needed some answers too.

Taking a shower, I got dressed. Dark jeans and a sleeveless white top were laid on the bed and as they comfortable enough, I got dressed. Parting my hair in the middle I turned around to leave when the note on the dresser caught my eye. Dark, elegant handwriting was visible on the small paper.

Mi amor,
I had to leave early as I had to deal with some pack business. You were sleeping too soundly and I didn't have the heart to wake you up. Don't worry,  I made breakfast and I've eaten. I've kept some for you on the table. I'll be back by afternoon. But if you need anything ,Pietro would be coming around, so you can ask him. Till then take care.
Yours,
Alessandro.

The note made me smile. He was thoughtful. And handsome. A voice reminded me. But not forgetting the fact that I still did not know why I was here. My parents must be worried. Two days have passed and I've been completely selfish. How could I forget that they would be worried about me. I should ask Alessandro that I need to contact them and also the motive for me to be here. I can't make my make my parents any more worried.

Deciding what I've to do I went to the kitchen to get some breakfast. There was juice, avocado and toast.

Finishing the breakfast I got out. The lawn was extremely beautiful. Getting some fresh air I decided to wander some more. It was quite a lot time since I was out.

"Luna." A voice called and I turned around to see Pietro walking towards me. His strides were quick but he wasn't out of breath. Bless the werewolf genes.

"Luna. I had come to ask if to you needed anything. I got worried when I found out that you weren't in the house. You shouldn't wander in the forest, it is quite dangerous."

I nodded at his words. He sounded genuinely concerned. But the word Luna made me confused.

"Pietro, please call me Scarlett."

"I can't Luna. You are the mate of my Alpha. You truly deserve the respect."

Mate? I didn't know everything about werewolves but I knew that mates were destined to be with each other for a lifetime. I am the mate of a werewolf and an Alpha that too. My head spinned with confusion again as I looked at Pietro with wide eyes. I remembered him addressing Alessandro as Alpha.

" You mean I am Alessandros' mate?" He nodded. Although it felt like he wanted to ask me questions he kept quiet and I was extremely glad.

Mate. the word kept ringing in my head like a mantra. I rushed in the direction of the house, suddenly feeling too vulnerable.

"Luna, wait." Pietro called out. He did manage to catch up to me, but I couldn't speak.

Silence followed and we entered the house.

Confused and anger would be two understated words to express what I felt right now. But I refused to let it get to me. I turned around to see Pietro glance at me and look away.

"I am so sorry for what happened back there. I lost control. I am so sorry. And also are you hungry? Do you need anything?" I asked in order to divert my mind from the things that I had learnt. And also because Pietro didn't deserve any hostility.

"Don't be sorry Luna. And thank you for asking. But I am not hungry. Rather I should be the one asking whether you need anything or not?"

The word Luna still didn't sit well with me but I let it slide. And for the being hungry part, it was almost lunch time but I had lost my appetite.

I nodded, "No I am not hungry but could you please lend me your phone. I need to make a call."

Although he didn't refuse he seemed skeptical to do so. But my gaze was unwavering and he handed me his phone.

I called Kat first. And she picked up on the second call.

"Hello?" Her voice sounded pleasant. And I was glad.

"Kat. It's me, Scarlett. How are you and Noah? How is Aunt Sophia and -"
Her voice cut me off in the middle as she sniffled. It broke my heart. I had to leave my best friend behind and I didn't even know how she was.

"How are you Bambi? We all are fine. We really are." She assured me. "Every single pack member is fine too.  There were some injuries but nothing fatal. I knew what you did. Why did you do that. Why would you let yourself in danger when you didn't even know what you were getting yourself into?"

"He is my mate Kat." I whispered ever so slowly. I didn't believe what I had just said. But I knew it was true.

This was my fate.