lost feelings

You rush into Tord's arm, he's startled and confused. You try to ask for help but all that comes out is whimper. He too, tries to speak, but you will never here his sentence due to screeching that erupts around the corner.

In comes the school bully, her hair was wild and eyes were blood-thirsty. Immediately you swing Tord in front of you. He fumbles his hand into a pocket, searching for something. Quickly, he pulls out his pistol you had seen earlier. Tord points it at the crazed girl. "Stay back!" he warns.

But the girl does not stop, doesn't even hear him. Tord scrunched up his face, trying to decide wether to shoot or not as the school bully runs closer and closer. His decision is made, he redirects his aim from her forehead to her thigh and shoots. A loud bang makes your ears ring. You flinch to see the girl shriek and fall the floor, groaning and yelling over her bleeding leg.

Tord lowers his gun, still confused and dumbfounded. He turns back to you. "What is all of this?" he asked, then noticing your very bloody face. "Are you alright?"

You look at the girl and back at Tord. "Uh, I..." you never finish your sentence, just kept staring at the spazzing bully.

You move past Tord and next to the girl. She glares at you, teeth clenched as a pool of blood surrounds her. Suddenly, she reached for your ankle and grips it, snarling and snapping her jaws. You pull back trying to shake her off but the grip is too tight. Another loud bang goes off and huge hole forms at the right side of her forehead. Tord is the one to blame.

He looked quite angry and upset, now knowing that she was trying to hurt you. You look up at him, not sure what to say. Tord doesn't exchange glances with you, merely walks up to the corpse and kneels beside it. He starts examining her body.

Tord pulls up her shirt sleeve, revealing the wound on her shoulder you noticed when she pinned you. However, now that you looked at it clearer, you noticed a huge bite mark that chomped straight down into her flesh. You look away, it was quite disgusting.

"She was infected. They must of come sooner than expected..." Tord murmured. Zombies? Here already? You thought you had at least a week left... A huge void leapt at your chest, knowing that you could possibly die, and had just almost if it weren't for Tord.

See! You tell yourself. Tom doesn't know what he's talking about. Tord just saved you. Although in your mind you realized this doesn't prove him wrong- or right. He could of been thinking about himself...

"Hey, are you okay?" You hadn't noticed Tord staring at you. You snap back to reality.

"Well, uhm, I guess." you lied. Your head hurt and your nose was bleeding, you almost died, and have a great chance of dying from now on knowing that there would be more people like this out there.

Tord stood up, he stepped over the lifeless body and stood hovering above you. He looked down with concerned eyes. He seemed to notice you were not "okay."

"Let's get that nose fixed up." Tord says in his Norwegian accent.

You fiddle your fingers and nod. Looking back one last time at the school bully, you head off leaning against Tord, not sure of where he was taking you.

As you walked you started to hear voices, two of which you recognized.

"Which way did the noise come from?"

"This way I think..."

A more higher pitched voice chimed in. "Should we even be looking, it could be dangerous!"