awkward feelings

Everyone climbed out of the car and gathered around the gate. Edd tried opening it but it was locked shut. "Damn," he mumbled, "locked."

Tom approached observed what seemed to be the lock and sighed. "There's no key hole. I think it's electronic. Maybe there's a remote or something inside the house."

"How are we going to get in then?" Edd asked.

Everyone was silent and looked to the ground. You doubted anyone could get now, however, Tom snapped his fingers. "The gate isn't too high, so what if we just drove the car up next to it and climbed it from there?"

"Yeah, but we stil don't have a way to unlock the gate if we want to leave, plus I want to keep the car inside the gates." Edd replied.

"We'll find a way to open it once we get inside then."

Edd paused for a moment and Tord gave a bored sigh.

"Fine. But let's split up so a few of us can guard the car." Edd finally agreed.

"Okay, I'll go in to find a key or something, who wants to go with?" Tom looked around, no one else was volunteering.

"I'll go." you volunteered.

Tom shook his head. "No, you're still recovering and we don't need you more hurt than you already are."

The way Tom worded that made you feel like a burden. Would they really be better off without you?

"Anyone else?" Tom crossed his arms and tapped his foot.

"Matt wants to go." Tord said with a smirk.

"I never said that!" Matt stomped his foot and scowled at his friend.

"Oh, what's that? Matt love to help Tom out?" Edd chimed in.

"No, I-"

"Wow, Matt. So proud of you! Let's go." Tom grabbed Matt before he could say anything else and hopped up onto the car. After some pushing and shoving, Matt and Tom were over the gate. Each were a knife and Tom was given a gun since Matt could not be trusted with one.

You, Edd, and Tord all watched the two walk up the driveway and into the mansion.

"What now?" Tord muttered.

"We wait." Edd answered.

"Well, I'm going to wait in the car."

"Me too" you said. Both you and Tord started heading into the back seats of the car.

"I'll wait out here." Edd winked at Tord and he shut the door.

"s h i t" you thought to yourself.

hey ya'll, just letting you know I'm making the chapters shorter so you don't have to wait as long for the next part lol