Home at last

School was all a big blur of getting introduced to people, writing notes, and watching the clock. Almost as soon as it started, you found Travis knocking on the door of your last hour. The teacher looked up from his desk and looked at Travis expectantly. He nodded in your direction.

"I'm here to pick up Y/N." The teacher looked over to you as a few students did so as well. You picked up your stuff and walked over to Travis, giving a small wave to your teacher. Travis began his walk once again, leaving you to follow.

"So, did you enjoy your first day?" You nodded, giving Travis a thumbs up where he could see it. He nodded and walked up some stairs, finally stopping at your locker.

"You remember your locker com?" You nodded and walked past, turning the dial. After a few moments of fiddling with the lock, it popped open, giving you access to your items. You shoved your binder and spiral notebook into the locker, putting your black notebook in your bag and putting a pen in with it. You took a look at the clock.

"Okay. Now, we need to make sure you get out befor-"

RIIING

Travis was interrupted by a loud and obnoxious ringing. The ground seemed to shake while what sounded like a stampede approached the two of you. You moved closer to your locker, leaving Travis to almost get trampled by the crowd of students running to their locker, or in some cases, straight to the front door.

You slowly moved back into the hazard zone as a roughed-up Travis shook his head clear.

"...the last bell rings." Travis finally finished his sentence. You nodded and put your backpack on, letting the weight sink in. You waved to Travis as you started to walk back down the stairs.

"Yeah... bye Y/n!" Travis waved at you before you dissapeared down the stairs. You made your way to the exit, waiting for either one of your parents to pick you up. As you leaned against the wall of the school to wait, you heard footsteps followed by heavy breathing. Turning to your right, yopu saw Aphmau looking behind her shoulder.

"Ha! I told you I was faster!" Slowly walking out of the building, Travis stopped to lean against the door frame. He was fast in getting to his locker and out of the school.

"Yeah, I get it, please don't do that anymore." You blinked before Aphmau turned to see you. Did she hear you blink?

"Hey Y/n! Waiting for your mom?" You nodded, seeing more students filter out of the building.

"Well, I now am too." She walked over and sat down by you.

"Great. Where's Kawaii~Chan?" Travis asked. Aphmau looked over to him.

"Dunno. Probably at the fountain." Travis looked over to the said spot before nodding confirmation.

"Yep. She's there." Aphmau looked at him suspiciously.

"Why?" Travis shrugged.

"Am I not allowed to ask where my friends are?" Aphmau narrowed her eyes before looking over at the street. There stood a white truck, gradually getting closer. Aphmau jumped before standing up.

"My mom's here, got to go!" She waved to you two before running forward, where the car had just pulled in. You saw her climb into the passenger seat, and a woman who looked almost exactly like her. They seemed to get into a heated conversation, of which you heards the words 'boys' and 'buddy.' You then looked to the left to see your Mom's car, already parked. You stood as well and turned to Travis, giving him a small wave before walking to the car.

You climbed into the passenger seat, being greeted by your mom.

"So, how was school?" You shrugged.

"Well, can't blame you. I've put in my request for a schedule change, and your dad has done the same, meaning we're probably going to get a less random schedule soon." You smiled and nodded at the news. Your mom started the drive home.

  Watching the houses slowly pass by, you closed your eyes and leaned against the window, feeling the warm glass against your cheek. As light flickering through leaves of passing trees flashed over your eyelids, you almost felt the short amount of time pass before your mom turned the car into the driveway. Opening the door, you unbuckled your seatbelt and hopped out of the car, turning around to close the door.

You shut the door with a loud thunk and turned to go inside. Closing the door behind you, you looked to see your mom already sitting down, flipping open a magazine. You hung your backpack on a hook in the foyer, before taking off your shoes, placing them on a mat.

"Feel free to make yourself a snack
Y/n." You heard your mom say. You nodded before heading into the kitchen and looking around. In the cabinet, you found some crunchy peanut butter. Might make a sandwich. You then turned to the fridge, going to grab the jelly, before your gaze flicked over some bowls of pudding. Never mind. You grabbed the chocolate and vanilla bowls, before placing them on the counter and grabbing two empty bowls from a cabinet.

You took some spoons, and scooped chocolate pudding in one bowl, before taking the other spoon, spooning vanilla pudding in both bowls. You grabbed the spoon used for chocolate pudding and used it to mix the two puddings in the first bowl, and put the spoon used for vanilla in the second bowl.

Putting the puddings away, you grabbed the vanilla bowl on the counter in one hand, taking the mix in the other hand. Walking into the living room, you placed the vanilla bowl in your mom's lap before sitting down with your mix, enjoying it.

After your bowl lay empty on your lap, you got to your feet and walked into the kitchen, placing the bowl in the sink and heading up to your room. You flopped onto your bed, looking around, before your eyes flickered onto the closet. There was so much old stuff in there from times past, like stuff you decided to randomly try out, like drawing. That ambition was forgotten quickly. There were other things you retained some small skill in, like the violin. Yeah, you decided to try playing the violin back in your 'middle school' days. Somewhere in that closet lay a dusty violin case. And a notepad. And a teddy bear.

You sat up on your bed and pulled out your phone, fiddling with it for a few minutes. You quickly forgot what you were going to do and set it down by you. You sighed and leaned back on the bed. As you waited for dinner time, you held your hands above your chest and started to move your hands in a strangely familiar few sentences of sign language.

Hello! So, I haven't updated this in a few months, for which I need to apologize. I'll see what I can do about getting another chapter out soon, but for now, have a wonderful day! So Baii!

~ASnazzyGuy

~1195 Words