chp.4

-Monica-

I whipped around. Oh crap! He's mad!

He closed the door behind him and just stood there staring at me. He was still looking so fine in his navy-blue suit pants and suspenders. His tie was gone and the first few buttons on his shirt were open. His sleeves were rolled up revealing his big muscled forearm's. His cheek muscle was twitching so hard it caused the little muscle in his temple to throb. His fist was balled up as if, as if...

"You look like you wanna lay hands on me?" I said in a small voice, giving him a little smile. I held up my open hands, not wanting to flash anything red in front of this bull that looked as if he was going to charge any minute.

"I do," he spoke in that low deadly voice that he used sometimes that was so intimidating. My heart beat tripled as he walked towards me.

"Bu—but, you said a man that hit a woman ain't sh*t!" I reminded him as I took a step back, bumping into the night stand.

"He ain't, which is why no matter how much I want to, I'm not going to hit you!"

"Whew! That's good to know" I visibly relaxed, although inside I was not relaxed not one bit because he was still walking towards me as if he wanted to hurt me.

"Well, why you still walking towards me looking so mad?" I asked, trying not to let my panic bleed through my words. His smile was wicked.

"I not going to hit you, but I am going to lay hands on you!" he launched at me but I was agile if nothing else. Easily I dodged him, crawling swiftly across the bed. When my feet landed on the floor, I flew towards the door. For a big guy he was fast because I made it half way across the room before I felt his strong arms wrapped around my waist bringing me to a complete stop.

"Kaleb wait! I can explain!" I screeched. He put me against the wall and lifted me off my feet by my collar. My toes dangled in the air. His face was a mask of rage. He was so mad he stole my breath. I was never so close to a man enraged before. Except for those couple of times my brother got real mad but he was my brother I knew he wasn't going to hurt me.

"Explain what! It ain't nothing you can tell me that can explain how you had my child and wasn't going to say nothing!" His words came from between clenched teeth. He was so mad I could feel the rage traveling through his body.

"That ain't right, Monica!"

"I know, but I didn't know what else to do!" I didn't bother lying to him because he was scaring the hell out of me. "You were in jail. I was graduating High School and my grandmother had been through so much and was still grieving the death of my brother." Tears came to my eyes and began to roll down my cheeks.

"I didn't want to put her through any more stress. It was messed up, I know. Everything went wrong for me after that night. I made a mistake, it was all a mistake. I mean, Eve was not a mistake, I love her but I lost my scholarship to Julliard!" My words came out rapid and choppy.

"You, it's all about you." He dropped me to my feet and turned away as if he couldn't stand to touch or look at me anymore.

"I had a lot of things going on too before you brought yo a$$ over to my place playing games." He rubbed his hands through his short hair and began to pace, reminding me of a caged animal. Oh, dear Yah! Why can't this nightmare just end already? I made a mistake, I'm sorry, why do I have to keep paying for it? With hands that shook I wiped away my tears.