4.

SEPTEMBER 18, 1959

SEPTEMBER 18, 1959

"Oi! That's me bleedin' eye!" I yelled as my eye started to water. "I can do my own fuckin' makeup."

"Ya well Britain's fashion is a little out of date. Plus you don't need that much makeup, your skins perfect. I know what I'm doing," Diana replied, her steady hands applying the cool liquid to my eyelids.

"You Yankees do something new and all of the sudden we're a fuckin' third world country."

"I'm not appreciating your snippiness, i don't think you appreciate me enough," she huffed, flicking her blonde curls behind her shoulder. I rolled my eyes.

"I'm sorry honey, it just hasn't been the same since we got married," I mocked in my best southern-American accent. She hit my leg and I yelled and glared at her.

"What the hell is your problem? What the fuck happened at that party, you've been absolutely shitty to everyone," her tone changed from mad to concerned. I sighed and lunged forward to hug her, making us both fall back onto the bed. We continued to hug while in the same position which may have looked awkward and odd to most, but felt comforting and friendly to us.

"I'm sorry I've been such a cunt," she hummed in agreement," ya know that Paul bloke right?"

"Baby face?" She asked, I chuckled.

"Yes, baby face. We snogged at that party, and I'm not sure what to think-"

"You snogged?"

"Snogged."

"Well shit," she wrapped her arms around me tighter," what the hell does that mean?"

"We kissed, made out, shared saliva," I whined, rolling me eyes.

"Gross."

"How long have you lived in this country? Shouldn't you know the slang by now?" I furrowed my eyebrows and lifted my head to look at her.

"I lived far from here, with the posh," she said imitating a posh accent. I laughed and she followed. I got up and put my hands on my hips.

"Come on. I'm not gonna sit in here and whine about some boy,we got laundry to do."

We made our way down the stairs carefully, but I still fell on my arse at the last few steps.

"Graceful landing darling," the voice of John made me jump, I held a hand to my heart and glared at him.

"No really, ya looked like proper royalty," the other Liverpudlian stepped into view, winking at me with a cheeky smile.