5.

SEPTEMBER 21, 1959

SEPTEMBER 21, 1959

"Bollocks to everything," I whined, trying to find where the puzzle piece in my hand would go in this stupid Dahlia flower puzzle. Diana was standing on top of our counter elbow deep into the cabinet doing god knows what.

"Why do you keep doing those if you just get pissy every time?" Diana's voice came echoed from the cabinet. I put a piece into its place before glancing at her.

"I like the feeling of accomplishment when I'm finished," I stated dryly. Diana laughed.

"Ya know I'm starting to think I'm rooming with a loon," Diana jokes sarcastically, climbing fully into our overhead cabinet.

"Oh really?" I raised my eyebrows. "Why are you inside our cupboard D?" I asked matter of factly. She scoffed from inside the cupboard.

"What do you mean 'why are you inside our cupboard'?" She sassed.

"I meant exactly that, Diana." I got up from the chair I was in and walked over right outside he cupboard.

"I think I've finally found it out!" She exclaimed with a smile, poking her head out the the cupboard.

"What the fu-"

"I'll be back, I gotta go." Diana climbed out of the cupboard head first, holding onto my shoulders to crawl out. Before I could think of anything to say, she was out the door and down the street. I stood frozen for a second before coming to my senses and going to the fridge.

Grapes. Cheese. Left over chips. Half a bottle of wine. I groaned and grabbed the bag of grapes. One things for sure, my body will be smokin' after me and Diana get outta this rut.

Before I made my way to a different room I eyed the cupboard Diana was inside. "How the hell did she bloody fit in there?"

I left my unfinished puzzle on the dining room table and ventured out to the living room to sprawl across the couch. I turned on the radio and sat peacefully popping grapes in my mouth, enjoying my time alone very much.

I heard the sliding back door from the dining room open. What really concerned me is how I didn't feel fear at the fact I could be murdered any second.

"'Ello love." Paul sat down close and squeezed his legs between mine and the couch, propping his guitar against the armrest. I was surprised I wasn't stiffening or feeling uncomfortable around him due to our other encounter that was still on my mind for some god forsaken reason.

"Is this your new thing Paul? It's not cute it's actually quite creepy." I smirked up at him. He looked confused for a second.

"Is what my new thing?"

"Breaking and entering."

"See I did enter, but I never broke." He winked at me and I chuckled a bit, desperately trying to push down the feeling in my stomach.

"Why're you here?" I asked, popping more grapes into my mouth.

"I'm trying to write a song and I needed some inspiration, ...or distraction." He wiggled his eyebrows at me as he reached across the couch and grabbed a grape. "Nah, I saw Diana running like a lunatic and she told me you were home so I stopped by."

"Ah, that looney yank." I laughed thinking again about her actions today. Paul laughed also but he didn't know why I was laughing. "So that song. Let me see it." Paul's face reddened a little as he pulled a folded notebook out of his jeans pocket.

"It's still just a draft, really. It could use some work." Was he getting embarrassed?

"Well, I woke up late this morning
My head was in a whirl
Only then I realized
I lost my little girl."

I read it slowly before looking up at Paul. He looked earnestly at me, as if my reaction would decide the fate of the song.

"It's good, honestly," I told him truthfully. He looked relieved and smiled a little.

"Can you maybe uh... help me with it? Your just a great writer and-"

"I don't write songs Paul." I sat up and sat criss-cross, Paul copied my movement.

"Gobshite. Ya write poetry right?" I stumbled on my words wondering how the hell he knew that. "John told me." Johnny you wanker.

"Ok, yeah. What does that have to do with anything?" I crossed my arms and rose an eyebrow.

"Add a tune to poetry and ya got a song, my love." He smiled cheekily and winked again. Oh shit stop that. I

I ended up helping him with the sing for two hours. Two hours of arguing. Two hours of him plucking away at the guitar. Two hours of thinking. Two hours of excruciating sexual tension.

"Shit we ate all the grapes," I stated, shaking out my legs as I stood up stiffly. I could feel his eyes boring into me. I saw his eyes trail from my shin high socks, to my bare legs I prayed I remembered to shave, to my short-shorts, and to my baggy t-shirt that used to belong to my brother.

"Mmhmm," Paul hummed, eyes still shamelessly wandering my body. That's when I looked at him. His jacket was thrown on the coffee table, his jeans barely cling to his skinny hips, and his t-shirt was simple but still complemented him well. I cleared my throat and thought of something to ignore this feeling.

"Don't worry. I've got more." I winked going to the fridge, putting a hand over my heart. I walked back into the living room was the half-drinkin bottle of wine. Paul smiled at this.

"El, you're an amazing girl, have I told ya's that?" He asked playfully. No ya just snogged me then acted like nothing happened, but I guess I'm doing the same.

"Your rakin' up the points tonight, love," I joked, sending him a smile before I took a swig from the bottle.

"Points for what?"

"To win."

"Win what?" He smiled lop-sidedly before taking the bottle and gulping down a few mouthfuls.

"Everything." He moved closer to me every time he snatched the bottle away from my hands to take a drink.

"Everything's a lot of things," he said quieter, which seemed to increase the tension. His eyes glanced all over the place, making me furrow my eyebrows. "Can I tell you something?" He finally asked. I nodded my head. He placed a hand on top of mine and ran his thumb over my knuckles over and over again. "I think that song is about me mum. I couldn't stop thinking about her while writing it."

I frowned, lacing my fingers with his. "Why'd you lose your little girl?" I asked quietly. Paul sniffed before answering.

"Breast cancer. I was only 14. I don't think I'll ever forget that pain." We we're both silent before I leaned over and hugged him, I was practically in his lap, but all the tension vanished in this moment. "I don't think I'm gonna show anyone else this song just yet. It's just for us right now." He whispered into my hair. I didn't know if he meant me or his mom by 'us', I don't think I'll ever know.

"Alright." I sniffed, begging myself not to cry." I want to learn how to play one of those." I pointed to his guitar, desperately trying to change the subject.

"A g-guitar?"

"No I wanna learn how to play your bloody chords, Paul. Yes, the fucking guitar." He giggled and I smiled at how I could change his mood so quickly.

"I can teach you anytime you want, darling."

🎶🎵🎶

Alright a short but sweet chapter. I'm actually going to update this a lot.........hopefully.

I hope you guys have a Merry Christmas, or whatever you celebrate!

Again, you guys should really check out my Roger Taylor story that's up now!!!