6.

SEPTEMBER 29, 1959

SEPTEMBER 29, 1959

"Yes, she's all braun no brians, but she's nice," I explained to my roommate, which she exaggeratedly rolled her eyes in response.

"Do you know how hard it is to talk to her without wanting to shoot her, or better yet myself?" Diana asked sarcastically. It was my turn to roll my eyes.

"We ain't got no rifles 'round here, man," I mocked in southern accent. Diana whacked my shoulder as I laughed, making me zig-zag on the sidewalk. We were on our way to The Cavern, invited by none other than John Lennon. Of course he invited us when I was working, right in front of Lilian. Diana was not very happy about it.

The line outside the club reached of vision, and right in the middle of the line stood Lillian. She spotted us and waved over-excitedly. "Stella, Diana! Look, look I saved you a spot!" She yelled, earning looks from people and incoherent swears from Diana. I waved back and we walked over to her. She trapped us both in a tight hug, giving us a bright smile.

"Thanks for saving us a spot," I said, crossing my cold arms over my mini floral dress.

"No problem." She smiled. It was silent for a few minutes as I was freezing away. I jumped up and down a bit, rubbing my arms. Diana looked at me and raised an eyebrow.

"I always tell you to bring a coat. It's fucking fall for Christ sake," Diana scolded. I narrowed my eyes at her and frowned.

"I told you, I hate carrying around coats inside. Who the hell knew there would be a line to get into this sweaty cave?" I sassed, ignoring her use of 'fall' instead of 'autumn'. We heard Lilian giggling and we both turned our heads to look at her.

"You guys are funny." Me and Dee shared a look, ignoring the girls statement.  This was gonna be a long night.

We finally got into the club and as I predicted, it was bloody hot. The boys were already playing, a crowd of Bridgett Bardot wannabes at their feet. I sighed and took a seat at an empty circle table in the corner. Lil sat on my left, and Dee on my right.