15. Eve

Good morning sunshine. Dinner tonight? x

Morning. Yes dinner would be nice.

Ok, I'll come and get you at 7 x

Ok, see you then.

No kisses? 🙁 x

Sorry, still getting the hang of this thing! xx

👵🏼😂 x

It was strange to realise how vital Harry's texts had become for Eve. She found herself quickening her pace down the corridor after finishing work just to get back to see if he'd text her.

She'd only had the phone a week but already they had a routine of Harry texting her in the morning Eve texting him just before going to bed. With lots of stupid jokes, pictures and maybe even some flirtation in between. Eve still hadn't worked it out if he was flirting with her or not.

When the knock on the door came at 7 o'clock Eve was all ready and waiting. She shoved her phone and her room key into her bag and pulled the door open to find Harry, looking devilishly handsome... as always.

"Do you have an aversion to buttons?" Eve smiled pulling the door shut behind her?"

Harry frowned in confusion.

"You seem to miss quite a few when you wear shirts like that" Eve gestured towards his light blue shirt where only the bottom half of buttons were fastened. Revealing a glimpse of even more of those tattoo's.

A grin crept over Harry's lips as he looked down at his clothes.

"Sorry I'll do them up if the sight of my chest offends you..."

"No, no! I didn't say that" Eve laughed batting his hands away from the buttons.

"Good" Harry smirked capturing one of Eve's hands in his own and interlacing his fingers through hers.

Eve felt her breath hitch as she realised what he was doing. Although they'd held hands before, this felt different. More deliberate. More affectionate.

Eve felt Harry's eyes on her as they waited for the lift but she avoided looking at him incase that meant he took his hand back. She knew he had to let go when the were in the lift so she was making the most of the contact while she could get it.

As she guessed, Harry let go of Eve's hand so he could turn to face the door again. All Eve could imagine was him not letting go and them both facing the back of the lift just so they could continue holding hands. Eve let out a giggle at the thought.

"What?" Harry smiled

"Nothing" Eve shook her head while trying to rid the image of them both standing with their backs to the door. But then she imagined them having to reverse out of the lift all while holding hands and she giggled again.

"Tell me what you're laughing at?" Harry nudged her with his arm like a petulant child.

She shook her head again. "It's not even funny! I just pictured us facing the back wall and having to reverse out of the lift"

"Why?" Harry laughed.

"So you didn't have to let go of my hand" Eve admitted quietly. Harry's gaze fell on Eve as she looked up at him, and felt his warm fingers find hers as he linked their hands again.

"You only had to say petal" Harry's eyes sparkled as he gave her hand a squeeze.

*

"My treat this time" Eve boldly snatched the receipt from the spot where the waiter had placed their bill.