The argument

It had been a few weeks since Merlin became Arthur's manservant, and things were not going so well. Every time Merlin tried to find his soulmate he either had to do choirs or save the royal prat. And Merlin was getting fed up.

Arthur has given Merlin the same list of chores to do everyday, but today was worse because Arthur was in a particularly bad mood. "Merlin, I need to to clean my chambers, polish my armor, sharpen my sword, feed the hounds, muck out the stables, shine my boots....." Merlin stoped paying attention by this point. 'Dose he really think that someone without magic can do all this in the time that I do it.' Merlin thought as he let out a small sigh. "Merlin! Are you even listening to me!?" Arthur says loudly, snapping Merlin out of his thoughts and making him roll his eyes. "yes, Sire." "Really?!" Arthur starts. "Because it looks like your in your own little dream land. Gods, Merlin, you are the most useless servant I've ever had, you can't do anything right! Your always distracted and never doing your work! Your always at the tavern and slacking off!" When Arthur finishes his rant and looks at, Merlin, he immediately regretted what he said. "Merlin, I didn't mean wha-" Arthur was cut off when Merlin started speaking, hurt evident in his voice "If I'm so useless, then go find another manservant! I've got plenty of other things to do!" Merlin turned swiftly on his heels and stormed out of Arthur's chambers.

'That little prat! I can't believe he said I'm useless! And the nerve of him to say that I spend all my time in the tavern! I'm off saving his royal ass, because he can't do it him self! And do I get a thank you? No! I get choirs to do!' Merlin slams the door to, his and, Gaius, chambers, Making Gaius jump and knock the book he was reading off the table. "Sorry" Merlin muttered as he walked bye. With a flash of gold the book was back on the table. Merlin walked to his room. He shut the door and locked it. leaving a bewildered Gaius on the other side.

Merlin angrily ran his hand through his hair. There was this burning pain in his chest that wouldn't go away. He didn't realize it but angry tears were running down his face. And after a few minutes of standing there, He slowly made his way to his bed and laid down.

A while later once, Merlin, calmed down, he started to feel emotions  that weren't his own. Merlin felt sadness, guilt, and self loathing. Merlin was used to feeling guilt from his soulmate but never self loathing. 'I hope he is all right' Merlin thought as he tried to send calming vibes to his soulmate. Forgetting about the argument with Arthur.

———————————————————————-
Hey, I'm alive! Sorry about the short chapter and sorry I haven't updated in awhile. Life has sucked for me this past month. But I promise to try to update more regularly. With that being said, I love you all and have an amazing day.