Breaking Free

Every movement against Dumbledore's wishes was its own punch, and Harry promised to himself he would fight to see a new day where victory could be called victory in the name of true justice, rather than by the words of a twinkle eyed wizard.

The way he saw it, Harry had two choices. He could either wallow away the summer in unbridled depression wearing Dudley's old clothes, or he could see what Sirius had left him and have something to think of other than the fact that he was a complete and utter loser.

He chose the latter.

A quick scan of the letter had his eyebrows raised in confusion. He was supposed to utter a phrase- the letter was probably a portkey of some kind, but it didn't directly state the phrase. He grew a bit antsy-where was it? He re-read a part of the letter.

At the moment, we would like to take the time to extend our hand to you to come and review the wills. If you would so wish, please say the phrase below holding the letter. It will take you directly to Gringotts, where I will speak to you.

We at Gringotts offer our condolences for your loss.

Ragnok
Head and Director

The phrase below...the phrase below..what phrase? Maybe his eyesight had deteriorated more than he thought..he was clearly missing something importa-

Wait.

The phrase below-

We at Gringotts offer our condolences for your loss.

It was directly below the line. Who would expect the goblins to be so literal? For the first time in days, his emerald eyes grew alight with some spark. He quickly muttered the phrase.

Hermione would be proud, he mused. A whirling sensation descended upon him, and the next thing he knew, his messy dwellings were replaced with a room of gold and gray.

The tile floor met his forehead and he found himself kneeled tightly, clutching the letter. He embarrassedly got up, and looked around, slightly gasping. The floors were a shimmery black that rivaled the night sky, and the walls a dark gray with bustling portraits framed in shining gold. The portraits were almost all of goblins, with the exception of a small one in the far left, which was of a small girl with shifting colors in her hair, that spun in cycles through the rainbow. It seemed very out of place, but the goblins barely glanced at it.

Harry walked up to the counter, and met with a goblin he had never seen before.
"Harry Potter here, Sir," he said, showing the letter. "Would it be ok to meet with Director Ragnok now?"

The goblin sneered. "Why would the Director wish to meet with the likes of you? Obviously this is -"

"I shall take it from here, Sicklesad," a cool voice cut through the conversation. "Please do remember to speak to our customers more politely, won't you?"

The goblin called Sicklesad scowled, but hustled away to the back room. Harry stared at the new goblin.

"Griphook?" He asked, recognizing the goblin. "I-I thank you for your help. Would you be able to help me meet Ragnok? He said he needed to meet with me about some stuff." Harry showed Griphook the letter. He looked at Harry curiously.

"You recognize me, Mr. Potter?" he asked, baring his teeth slightly, which Harry could have sworn was a grin. "You're an unusual wizard, Mr. Potter. No person has ever bothered to remember a goblin."

Harry blushed slightly. "I would never consider goblins lowly, Griphook." He ducked his head. Griphook smirked at the wizard's modesty.

"Come then, Mr. Potter. Director Ragnok will meet with you shortly head room. It seems as there are certain, ah, discrepancies in the wills. I believe he will further explain it to you." He led him to a tall door with no handle, and stroked a long finger against the edge. The door swung open, creaking as it moved.