⌈14-Wedding⌋

"It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends"|-Albus Dumbledore

*****

The first Lahote family road trip had gone off without a hitch, though Paul was reminded why he lived in the small, oceanside town of Lapush. He hated the Mall in Seattle- the largest mall in Seattle by the way- there were too many people, too many stores with price tags he'd have to seal a leg and an arm to afford, but after seeing the happiness of Harper picking up her things for university, the happiness of buying Eleanor the matching Carebear lunch bag and backpack- he was willing to let all of it slide, their happiness was everything to the him.

But the best part, was when Harper walked out in her dress for the wedding. It felt like a scene from one of those cliché movies that lonely single woman watches on Saturdays. It was like magic, the world had fallen silent and everything but the beautiful girl in the dress was blurred out.

"She looks like a princess" Eleanor had blurted out, sitting on the overly large chair next to Pauls. The dress was grey and flowed just to her knees, the top had beautiful white lace going up to the shoulders. She felt like a princess, but the way Paul was looking at her made her heart race as if Harper was the only girl in the world- but in reality, to Paul, Harper was the only girl in the world.

Most of the wolves weren't going to the wedding, Sam had decided the less that go the better, which Harper and the older wolves had agreed with right away. For the most part, Harper wasn't sure why she was going either. It wasn't like she was really wanted there, her home was no longer there, her family suddenly didn't feel like hers anymore. When she had been accepted to university the first person she told was Paul, then Emily and Sam- who cooked an amazing celebration dinner- then she told the rest of them at the bonfire that night, and it was after a few days when Paul had asked how her mom had reacted that she had realized she hadn't even called her yet. She had spent so much time trying to prove to herself that she was a Cullen, that it took her no time at all to open her eyes and realized the truth; that she wasn't. She was Rosalie's, that's all there was to it.

Maybe this is how it was meant to be, maybe the Cullens and everything that had happened was just a placeholder, just until she found a place she felt she really belonged; Lapush.

"Stop worrying, you'll look better than the bride anyway" Paul told her, his cocky smirk filling his plump lips as he walked into their room, suit and all.

"I just don't know why we are going"Harper huffed as she put her eyeliner down. She had felt this obsessive need to look perfect as if she'd be letting them win if she looked anything but.

"Because you can't send Seth and boyfriend by themselves- they could kill him, or us" Paul told her, his face dripping with seriousness until he lost it and let out a snort.