⌈18-Here⌋

"Suffering like this proves you are still a man. This pain is part of being human. The fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength"|-Dumbledore

 The fact that you can feel pain like this is your greatest strength"|-Dumbledore

*****

Harper stood in the kitchen, helping her grandmother make sandwiches for the wolves who stood outside; on watch. It had been three days since she'd come home, and everyday Harper hurt more- the ache only became greater with every hour that passed. The house had been nothing but tense the last few days, but Harper was trying her best to put everything past her for the greater good, Bella.

Every day she got weaker, everyday Edward got sadder.

Harper wasn't sure why she was here, why she went back to people she felt didn't need her or want her. But that was a lie, she knew why. She knew exactly why and maybe that's what pained her the most. Harper had never felt so powerless, so helpless- and she hated it.

"Do you want me to go take this out?"Harper asked as she wrapped the last sandwich in parchment paper.

"Yes, thank you"Esme nodded, passing her the other two items to stack on top of the sandwich she already had in her hand.

"I know you and Edward haven't ever been close, but it means so much to all of us that your here, "Her grandmother told her, a thin smile pressed on her lips.

"Well, she doesn't deserve it. Their baby is as real as anyone else's" Harper told her, leaning on the counter as she looked at the woman who, despite not looking nearly old enough to be her grandmother, was.

"You're important to this family, as important as anyone else and Im sor-"They had all be trying this, the 'Im sorry', or the 'so much has happened in so little time', or the 'I hope you can forgive us'; and frankly Harper was tired of it. Harper waved her off, a fake smile pressed to her lips.

"It's fine," Harper said, again. It was starting to all get so repetitive. Her grandmother gave her one last smile before walking out of the kitchen, leaving the young girl standing alone with packaged food in her hands.

Harper let out a sigh as she made her way down the stairs to the front door, slipping on shoes as she opened the large door. The beautiful smell of the forest lingered around her noise as she walked down the wooden steps, it gave her a sense of calmness; Paul smelt like that, like nature.

The girl found the wolves standing on their side of the treaty line, watching the rushing water, their backs straight and their bodies ready; as if they'd stop at nothing to protect those who were up in the glass castle.

"Here you go"She said, all three of the wolves smiled at her, taking the sandwiches from her without a second thought; they'd hardly had a time eat since everything had gone on.

"Anything from Paul?"She asked, making Jacob look at the girl with sad and guilty eyes. Harper asked him every time she saw him, and every time he told her the same thing.

"Not yet, I'm sorry Harp. He'll show up soon, I know he will"Before he placed his hand on her arm, giving it a small squeeze before turning back to whatever he was doing before the words were said. Every time he repeated it, tears welled up in her eyes as her heart broke a little more.

Harper nodded her head, not trusting herself to speak without crying. Leah and Jacob shared a look, both understanding why this was hurting her as bad as it was; she was an imprint. Making her way up the small hill, Harper took in a deep breath, one she didn't know she needed.

"Everything is going to be okay" She thought to herself, her eyes trained on her feet as she stepped up; making her way back to the front door.

"It will be"The voice made her jump, her eyes snapping up to look at Edward who was wearing a brown shirt and jeans; the most human he'd ever looked. Her eyes laced with fear, for just a moment she had forgotten that there was someone in the house who could read her mind; meaning he knew her secret.

"I won't tell anyone"He added, a sense of sorrow and sadness laced his voice.

"I tried to talk him out of it, to have one less wolf to worry about. I'm sorry I couldn't get him here" Harper told her 'uncle', tucking hair behind her ears before she crossed her arms over her sweatered chest.

"I didn't understand before. How Rose and Emmett could be so careless to let a human into our life, into our world. All I could think about was what could happen to you, what could happen to us, if they found out about you. When you came into our lives, I saw you as the enimy, and up until recently I always have. But then I met Bella, and I understood- the need to have a human in my life, the way Rose and Emmett brought you into theirs. I acted horribly towards you, and for that, I'll forever be sorry. I can't thank you enough for fighting to protect the love of my life- even if that meant leaving yours"

Harper was taken away by Edwards words, mostly because she didn't think anything nice could ever come out of his mouth, but also because from the sound of it, Edward seemed to see her as part of the family now.

"Paul doesn't understand how similar Bella and I are now"Harper admitted, someone knowing her secret lifted a weight off of her shoulders- like she wasn't carrying it all alone.

"He still sees us as monsters, he's supposed too; it's in his blood, "Edward told her, taking her by shock again.

"Being a murder isn't in his blood, that's a choice"There it was again, the small tinny part of Harper who was angry at Paul- angry that because of him she was in this agonizing pain. But her anger always ended up turning into sadness, a sadness that made her pain even worse.

"They won't touch Bella, or our baby" Edward told her, it wasn't a threat, it wasn't something that made Harper fear; the words were filled with sadness, and desperation; like he needed more than anyone to believe his own words.

"I'll do everything I can to make that true"Edwards eyes snapped from her to the tree line where Harper had walked out of, his breathing stopped as his eyes moved back and forth.

"What is it?"Harper asked, anxiety lacing her stomach, praying to god that the attack wasn't going to happen now. No one had hunted and Bella was too weak.

"Pauls here," Edward told her. He hadn't even finished his sentance before the vampire watched the human run as fast as she possibly could back towards the water and the treaty line. Harper was sure her legs couldn't get there fast enough, her heart beating out of her chest with every foot step closer.

Her eyes widening at the sight when she got there.

"Jacob stop!"

I JUST CANT STOP THE CLIFF HANGERS MAN

UPDATE; DO YOU LIKE MY USERNAME? I FRICKEN DO. THERE IS NOW SAM AND JARED BOOKS OUT!

Published/Edited; 02/03/2019
WE ARE CURRENTLY AT 67.9k READS LIKE WHAT THANK YOU SM