⌈16-Baby⌋

"Dark and difficult times lie ahead. Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy" |-Dumbledore

 Soon we must all face the choice between what is right and what is easy" |-Dumbledore

*****

Harper was one class away from finishing her first week of University. She had loved every second of it, but she'd be lying if she said her heart didn't hurt to be away from Paul 8 hours of the day. It was something that was going to take getting used too.

Eleanor had started school on the rez as well, she loved it, but it was hard for Quil. He was constantly worried something would happen and they wouldn't be there to protect her, it was like from the moment he and Harper dropped her off at the kindergarten gates to the time he and Sam left to go get her, guilt-racked his whole face, while anxiety flooded his stomach.

Harper was in the middle of taking a note about blood pressure, very basic- but something her teacher stressed was so important to understand when her phone buzzed of the table beside her binder. Putting her pencil down for only a second, she glanced at her I phone; she was shocked to see the small text that seemed to fill her with worry.

'family emergency.'

Harper was just about ten minutes from the Cullen's house when she pulled her phone out at a stop light, quickly tapping on Pauls number before placing her phone in a cup holder, the ringing sound is the only noise in the car as the light changed from red to green. Her stomach had begun lacing itself with knots the closer she got. Maybe because the text was so brief, it was left it open to her imagination. Maybe it wasn't really something to worry about, or maybe it was absolutely something to worry about.

"What's wrong?"Paul asked as his husky, soothing voice came through. It was like he knew, but then again, he always knew.

"Can you meet me at the house in a few?"She asked, her voice weary making him frown on the other side of the phone.

"Of course, I'll see you in a few babygirl. I love you"

"I love you, more than anything"She answered before she heard the beep, signalling that he had hung up. It was one of the things she loved most about Paul, she didn't ask him for much, but whenever she did, he just did it. Without a complaint or an argument, especially if it meant a lot to her. Harper knew he'd do anything to make her happy, the same way she would for him.

When she pulled up to the Cullen house, Jakes bike was parked outside, only making her stomach drop more. It was definitely something bad. The crunching of small sticks behind her made her heart rate slow down. The bond had a weird way of working, her body knew they were close in the distance before she did. The dull ache of missing him slowly vanished like the colour from flowers at the end of fall. Turning around, her eyes met Pauls, the rush of anxiety gone as she looked into them- like it was the first time all over again.