Chapter I

Everything was normal and I thought I knew everything regarding my life. What I'd have to expect in the future and so on. Well. Wrong. Absolutely wrong.

Everything started out not that long ago actually. How long ago I am not able to tell, since my memory thanks to my ADHD, is bad when it comes to a lot of things. Though I have to say, it feels like yesterday. The wound, it's like another torture from Tartarus.

Flashback

It was supposed to be a normal day. I woke up, but I was already surprised. Annabeth wasn't there. Normally she would be in my cabin because of our nightmares. It took me a moment to remember that Annabeth overcame the nightmares about a week ago and stopped sleeping by me.

I got up and put on some clothes. My routine in the morning was running, breakfast, sword teaching, nothing, lunch.

As lunch came around I realized that I haven't seen my wise girl all day, but now, hopefully, I'd see her.

I entered the pavilion and took a seat at the Poseidon Table. I filled my plate with food and threw the best in the fire for my dad, Hestia, Hades, Hermes, Apollo. In the end my plate was empty, so I had to refill it.

Just as I started to eat Annabeth entered. She was talking to one of her siblings. I think the name was Tara. She was about 10 or something. She came to camp only a few weeks back.

I watched her and after she said goodbye to her sister she walked over to me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. Wait what? Only cheek?!

"Hey Seaweed Brain."

"Hi wise girl. Where were you all day long?"

"Oh you know. Here and there. Perce. There is something we need to talk about." I was just about to take another bite but put down the fork to show that I was listening. She wouldn't say something like that without a good reason.

"You know. Soon the summer holidays are over. We go parted ways. You need to finish High-School and I'll go to university. I—I don't think I am able to do a distance relationship."

"What. What do you mean?" I hoped I was wrong with what she meant. I pleated to all the gods that I was wrong.

"I am breaking up with you. Percy. I—I am sorry. I can't keep this up. I need to concentrate on my studies and you. You are still in High School. At the other end of the country! I am sorry." She stood up, without saying any more or letting me talk.

I was utterly dumbstruck. I didn't know what to say. Was this it? A relationship of one year of problems, and before that a friendship of almost 5 years.

In this moment I couldn't take another bite. I hadn't even touched my food on the plate much (just one bite), but I lost my hunger. I needed time to think. And the only place I knew about that I could think was either the sea or my mom's. I haven't seen her in so long so I decided to go to her.

As I approached Chiron he looked at me with different eyes than usually. I didn't know what exactly to think of them other than that it made me scared what he would say.

"Chiron. I need to talk to you quickly. Do you have a second?"

"Of course. I wanted to talk to you about something too. How about we go somewhere else where nobody is spying on our conversation."

"Ohm, okay?!" We left the pavilion and walked to the big house.

"So, what do you want to talk about. I just wanted to tell you that I was going to see my mom for the rest of the summer holidays. I know it's still a few weeks to go, but I haven't seen her in so long."