Chapter II

As I said, 30 hours passed and I was still stuck in my cell. I got food and the officer that guarded the cell was actually nice enough to talk. Once, when I asked him to be so nice to put some blue liquid food coloring in my water he actually did so. I was really surprised.

Suddenly the nice officer came in with some guy in a suit.

"Ehm, what's going on?"

"Mr. Jackson. I am your assigned lawyer. You are awaited in curt very soon."

"Wait what? Why didn't anyone tell me?"

"You are still a minor. And also, I am talking to you now. We have two hours until we are to leave for court. But there are a few components that could give you, well, a handicap."

"A handicap sir? I don't think I understand." Dam those years in the "army". It wasn't really army but considering that we always have to call the gods lords and ladies and in New Rome, well, I guess the gist is obvious.

"Would you follow me. I assume this cell is getting on your nerves considering your ADHD." I looked at him in surprise but nodded.

We walked in one of those interrogation rooms and closed the door. I saw the mirror.

"Is there someone behind that thing?"

"No, I promise you we are alone. Now let's start, shall we." I nodded.

He took out a few papers and showed them to me. But I couldn't read a thing.

"I am sorry sir; I can't read it. What is written there?"

"It is the list of crimes you "committed" in the past years. They are a not only a handful but a whole page."

"Crimes? You mean the stuff that happened around me that wasn't my fault." He looked at me in disappointment. Obviously not believing me.

"That is your part of the story but there is evidence and witnesses. Due to all of this, the attack on a police officer (That was a reflex) your parents not being alive so they won't be able to vouch for you and you being no American citizen you are most likely going to be deported to the UK."

"Wait what? What are you talking about? I am American citizen, have been all my life! How am I supposed to be British and just deported out?"

"In these documents it states that you were born in London, England 17 years ago. Apparently your mother was on visit there and gave birth to you. So yes, you are a citizen of the UK Perseus."

"Please, call me Percy. Perseus only makes me uncomfortable and feel like someone is about to kill me." He nodded in understanding.

My lawyer tried to explain everything to me as good as possible but I blanked out. I couldn't believe my luck.

No girlfriend

No Home

No Family

Getting arrested

And no American citizen!

All in just one week.

I hate the fates for doing this to me. I hate them.