Chapter Ten

"Look! Look! He's coming our way. Maybe I should come to the beach more often, Mals. Get me a sexy tourist."

"He's not a tourist," I grumbled under my breath.

"What?"

"Nothing..."

Anya adjusted herself on the chair as if she was prepping for a photo shoot.

"Let's go for lollies," I said, searching for my purse. I needed to get out of here before he passed and recognized me.

"Nonsense! Our lollies are right here, and one is passing our way." I tried to get up but she tugged my arm, "Wait, nuh!"

Anya pleaded so much that I felt bad and stayed. The most I could do was pretend I was invisible and hope that he had poor vision. But as the thought surfaced, it seemed as if he'd spotted me. Crap! Pulling out my dark shades, I fumbled to slap it onto my face, but I was able to get it on in time.

"Good evening ladies."

"Good evening," Anya answered with an English accent. She beamed like an idiot.

I rolled my eyes, turning my hidden gaze to the sea behind his gorgeous body. Thank God for the shades. Anya and him spoke for quite some time but he kept glancing over at me. Every time he did, I quickly turned and faced the other way. All I thought about were my bloody panties and his sick and twisted perversion. Ugh!

"Are you guys staying to watch the sunset?" he asked, looking over at me.

I wondered if he could see my eues behind the tint. I didn't answer him but Anya did gladly. "Yeah, of course! Are you?"

"Maybe, but I have to go do some stuff with a friend." He sounded irritated.

I rolled my eyes again. I was grateful for the shades, but I was positive he could see the blatant disgust on my face. I lapped my legs, focusing my attention on three kids playing in the water. They reminded me immediately of Malik and I. Oh dear... I'd forgotten my purpose for being on the beach. I was a bit happy, but sad because I was starting to forget about Malik. My emotions were all over the place.

I shifted anxiously and then Anya noticed.

"Mals? Are you okay?"

"Yeah..." I whispered. I didn't look at her nor Rion, but I knew his gaze was fixated on me. I could feel it. I dared not turn my eyes away from the water straight ahead.

"Well, I will leave the two of you to relax."

"Oh, yeah thanks," Anya responded.

"Enjoy your evening, Anya..." Rion then turned towards me, "Ms Moore..."

I flicked my wrists at him in dismissal, keeping my head dead straight ahead. From the corner of my eyes Rion winked at me before walked away. Ew.

Anya's mouth dropped, almost touching her perky breasts. Here it comes... I had to stifle a very obvious smile.

"No way, Mals! You know that piece of goodness?"

I took off my shades and faced her. "He's the stupid plumber that messed up my bathroom." I sucked my teeth.

"Oh... Well, he certainly has a thing for you. He was talking to me, but his attention got absorbed by you."

Because he was probably remembering that awkward first time visit. "I'm fine Anya. I do not need a man. Especially one like that. Or should I say a man-child like that. "

"What? Craziness! What do you mean? Are you a lesbian?"

I slapped her arm, "No, I'm not, you idiot. It's just that..."

Anya covered her mouth, "You're a virgin!" she shouted.

I snatched her mouth, covering it with two hands, "Shh!" Embarrassed, my head whipped around I looked
to see if anyone heard or was watching.

"Well, I understand why. Girl take your time, let no-one rush you," she said in a lower tone.

"Yeah, I know but I was goin to say that I'm not ready as yet. For a man or guy or whatever."

Also, I didn't want to tell her how different or weird my body felt when he came to fix my sink. I wasn't sure if my it was responding to him or if my hormones were just acting up.

"Ok. Well, he is too young for me, anyways," she said, adjusting her bathing suit strap.

I smiled at her statement. Anya was thirty four years old but looked to be in her mid to late twenties. She'd bathed in the nylon pool fountain of youth.

"How old is he?" I asked.

She smirked at me. "Interested, huh?"

"No, I..." I wasn't really interested in him--only just curious about his age.

"Relax... He's twenty nine."

I was amazed how Anya could be so open to speaking to other people. She asked anything that was on her mind and even answered questions with pleasure. If I did it, I would mostly freeze up, stutter or just avoid the situation on a whole. Conversations were not my strong point. I used to be normal, but since Malik's death, I avoided people so I won't be forced to talk about my brother.

We relaxed on the beach talking until it was time to return the beach chairs. The sun had set and we were walking around on the sand with our sandals in hand. Anya left my side for a few minutes to dip her feet in the water; she said it was warm enough to bathe in. I smiled, knowing that feeling the water against my skin was near impossible.

"Ow!" Anya shouted.

"What's wrong?"

"Sand flies!"

"Already?" I asked. I knew they were coming but they came faster than I thought.

Then I felt one bit me. We were both dancing like maniacs from the sudden bites of the unfriendly flies.

"I guess we should go." I said.

"Yeah, before they eat us alive."

We strolled up the stairs and saw Rion and a girl seated on a bench under a tree. It looked like they were arguing but he saw us and waved. Anya waved of course, but I just kept walking.

We were outside my home in ten minutes after we had washed our feet and hopped into the car.

"I had fun." Anya said.

"Me too. Thanks for keeping my mind occupied on something else. It felt... different."

"No problem hun. I'm always available when you want me to come."

"I'll keep that in mind."

I exited the car and waved her goodbye as she drove off. I entered my apartment and immediately took off my clothes. I took a hot shower and retreated to my bedroom. I checked my phone and saw two missed calls from dad.

Sigh. What now?

**Please don't forget to vote and share if you loved or liked it. 😏**