Chapter 3

It was 8:16 and I was back at the party sitting on the couch with a beer in my hand. Calum went somewhere with some girl, and I was left talking to Luke and some kid in our grade, I didn't even know his name. Again I was bored and thinking about Cammy. I wish she would talk to me, usually its the other way around, girls want me to talk to them. Not this time. I want to get to know her, shes like a closed book.

"Oh damn. Look at that hot chick that just walked in." The kid said.

I looked up and there she was. With her short black top and short black skirt. What was she doing here?

"Dude she's hot." Luke laughed along with him.

I stood up and walked over to her. She grabbed a beer from some guy that put his arm around her waist. What the hell.

"What are you doing here?" I asked her.

"Excuse me? Do I know you?" She slurred.

"Are you drunk?" I asked. Unbelievable. I just saw her at the coffee shop and now she's drunk.

"Look I don't know who you are but this is uh- who are you?" She looked to the guy who still had his arm around her waist.

"Babe," He laughed. "It's me, Ryan."

"Get off me." She said as she shoved him away.

"No no baby it's me see?" He motioned to himself.

"Get the hell out of here, I don't want to see you." All of her words we're running together.

He tried to come closer to her, speaking sweet words about how she's drunk and she doesn't know what she's saying.

"Dude you need to go. She obviously doesn't want you here."

"Who the hell are you?" He asked me.

"Just leave. Now."

He looked back and forth from Cammy to me. Then he finally backed up.

"Fine. Whatever. I'm leaving." He scoffed.

Cammy sat down on the floor, the beer still in hand.

"Hey, you okay?" I asked sitting down next to her.

"Yeah I'm fine. I've just had a little too much to drink." She chuckled. She closed her eyes and put her hands to her forehead.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" I whispered.

She slowly turned her head towards me. "Where would we go?" She whispered back.

"Anywhere you wanna go." I smiled.

"No. No I'm kind of drunk and I should probably get back home because I have a big math test tomorrow and I really need to sleep and I should probably just go but I-I don't have a ride so I guess I could just walk-" She kept rambling.

"Cammy. Cammy! Stop talking, I can take you home." I offered.

"What? No. My dad would get really mad and he probably wouldn't like a boy taking me home..." She trailed off.

"It's ok, I could drop you off near your house but first we could go get something to eat maybe." I smiled.

"Umm. Yeah I guess, I just don't have any money with me though..."

"That's alright I have money. I can pay for you." I stood up and grabbed her hand.

"Are you sure?" She looked down at the floor. She was so shy and it was so cute.

Cute? What was I even saying. This is so not me, usually I'm trying to find a hot girl at a party but now I'm trying to work up the nerve to talk to this small, quiet, beautiful girl.

"Come on. Let's go." I said. I grabbed her hand and we walked through the crowd of people and out the front door.