Can you ever love a monster?

Loki stood in the garden looking at the distorted image of his face in the pond that laid in the middle. Passing a hand through his raven locks he continued to stare into the blue eyes that reflected back to him in the clear water. A rough hand collided with his back causing him to nearly fall into the pond. A familiar, rather annoying laughter filled his ears.

"Look at you brother! All tense over a damsel!" Thor, his older adopted brother stated in excitement. "What do you want Thor?" Loki rolled his eyes as he turned to stare at the blonde who interrupted his thoughts. "She likes you too, you know", Thor stated as if it was the most obvious thing. Loki looked at him as if he had grown another head "Brother, I appreciate you trying to help, but telling me lies would not help. At. All", Loki glared. "Loki believe me. I have seen the way you both looked at each other-" Loki interrupted him "Then you would know that she doesn't think of me in that perspective", Thor shook his head disapprovingly. 

"Lady (Y/N), is a fine woman. I know for sure that there is no one that can love you the way she loves you brother. I have sent for her", Thor admitted causing the younger to glare at him fiercely. "You did what?!" Loki exclaimed "I have only done my part as your brother, you either confess now or I do it for you", Thor said calmly as his brother's eyes widen. "I must take my leave now before Lady (Y/n) appears... Good luck brother", with that Thor left his brother.

"Lady (Y/n)! How nice to see you!" Loki snapped out of his trance when he looked at the entrance to see his brother greeting the woman he had fallen for. "The pleasure is mine Lord Thor. Your brother sent for me?" she asked unsure. "Drop the formalities! Call me Thor. Ah! Yes, my brother is waiting for you in the garden", Thor laughed "I will if you only call me (Y/n)", she smiled softly at him. Loki grimaced 'There is no way she could like me, much less love me!' he thought in sadness.

"Well played, fine I shall call you (y/n), in return you shall call me Thor", Thor said. She laughed and agreed. "Sorry to say, but I must take your leave, my brother must be growing impatient as well", Thor laughed as Loki glared from the distance at their warm and friendly interaction. Loki knew he was only jealous at how easy Thor could talk to her while he on the other hand ran like a coward when he realized what he actually fell for the beauty.

Loki's breath hitched when he saw the fair maiden approach him. He didn't realize that both Thor and her had already said their goodbyes. "(Y/n)", he greeted as she chuckled "Hello Loki, is there something you need?" she greeted her childhood friend as Loki swallowed the lump in his throat.

'How can she be so formal? Is she not angry with me? I have done everything to ignore her till now... Perhaps she doesn't really care', at that thought Loki's mood completely changed.

'What a fool I am to think she could care about me... Me, a frost giant', Loki thought once more.

"Is this concerning the reason of why you have ignored me?" (Y/n) questioned and just for a second he saw the hurt that flashed through those (e/c) orbs he had come to love. Relief washed over him to know she had at least cared for a bit.

"Why have you been ignoring me until now Loki?" she asked and this time she didn't hid the hurt she felt. "Are you still ignoring me?" she asked once more after not getting a response. Loki chuckled halfheartedly. "I was planning to ignore you until I got these feelings sorted out but my oaf of an adopted brother changed that", Loki said not looking at her. "You mean..... Thor... Thor sent for me?" (Y/n) felt more hurt at that point. Loki didn't answer her but his silence did.

Looking down, (y/n) spoke "If you have nothing to say to me then I shall leave Mi'lord", Loki wince at how cold her words sounded. She was never formal with him, it was either Loki or a nickname she came up with when she found out he was a Jotun, Frosty. It still shocked him to this day that she remained by his side as his friend when she found out. He couldn't believe it. Though, she wasn't there for him when he made his decision to kill Thor or when he attacked Midgard. She was the one that helped changed him.

"(Y/n)", he called out to her before she could walk away. She abruptly stopped and turned around to see him facing her with a look on his face that she couldn't decipher. 

"What do you think of me?" his question shocked her. "What nonsense! Loki you already know what I think about you. Is that what is bothering you? If that is it then dear Odin you have nothing to worry about", she said in confidence and somewhat relief as she placed her weight on her right foot with a hand on her hip.

"I know... but I want to hear it from your mouth", she rolled her eyes playfully at his response. "Fine! If I answer you will you stop ignoring me?" she asked.

'Will I?' he thought but nodded either ways. She huffed and shook her head, a smile slowly gracing her lips. "I think you are a sweet, kind, cold-covered yet warmhearted, intelligent man who so happens to be an idiot for ignoring me.... You are my closest friend Loki and I love you more than anything...... And no you are not a monster. That is what I think", she answered smiling. Somewhere between her speech she ended up in his arms. Her hands around his neck playing with his long raven hair, while his arms rested softly onto his waist. His blue eyes looked down in awe at her (e/c) orbs that seemed to shine brighter.

"Can you ever love a monster?" she chuckled at his question. Both leaning slowly, eyes looking at each other's lazily "How can I not?" she mumbled as their lips brushed against each other and closed eyes they welcomed each other's embrace. A soft relieved sigh broke from Loki as they kissed. They broke apart and gazed at each other lovingly "Have you 'sorted' out your feelings yet My King?" she smirked. He returned it with a peck on her lips "And much more" he chuckled. 

Yea, my first Loki fanfic, hope you people like it. I made some changes since the first one was crap. Hope you joys enjoy this one. Thanks for reading. 

That's it!

Neko Uzumaki out!~