Soulmates

As of recent, a name had appeared on someone's wrist in red ink. Apparently, in a world full of superheroes, Norse Gods and Aliens, it isn't really much of a surprise to know its also a soulmate universe too.

Soulmates often find each other by searching for the name of the person that appears on their wrist as soon as they turn sixteen. The name of the person is originally in red but then changes to the color of your soulmate's eyes when you meet them. If a line crosses through it, it means your soulmate is dead. Its pretty rare for someone to gain another soulmate after they lose their first.

It is even more rare for someone like (Y/n), at age 27, who had lost all hope of ever gaining a soulmate to have his name suddenly appear out of no where. If anything, (Y/n) was pretty confident that she might be the first. Though, the idea at first was quite relieving to know she won't be spending the rest of her life alone, it was unnerving as well.

Not the fact at how long it will take her to find him, (well, actually.... yes, I mean there is a reason why your soulmates name appear when you're 16, so that you can have more time to find them) but the name that was so elegantly written in cursive on her wrist in red.

Loki

Her mind was spinning with questions. No middle name. No last name. Just Loki. And the fear that crawled up her spine had started to make her wish she was soulmate-less once more. Especially, when she has an idea of who it might be.

Loki on the other hand, who walked idly around in his prison at the Avenger's HQ rubbed his sleeve against the wrist that held the name of his soulmate, hidden from the eyes of his captors, felt like it was itching. He didn't know why. Unlike (Y/n), he has had his soulmate's name written on his wrist ever since he could remember which was centuries ago. That too her full name. Only once did the name got crossed out and that was when he was 500 years old but the line that ran through the name disappeared, the name changed as well; if he remembered correctly, 27 years ago.

Butnlike (Y/n), he was scared but for a different reason. He was scared of what his soulmate would think of him. 'Probably terrified to see my name on her wrist.' He thought with a heaved sigh. 'I know I would be if I was her.' He thought negatively. 

"A penny for your thoughts brother?" Loki snapped out his trance and looked up immediately to see his brother. He was shocked to see his older adoptive brother; he didn't think he was so deep in his thoughts to not hear his annoying brother enter.

His presence was always so big that you could never miss it, well that's what Loki always thought at least. His brother was rather a goofball in his eyes but no doubt he loved the idiot, though he didn't hear it from him.

"Well isn't it a pleasure to see you brother." Loki's facade immediately went up.

"Enough of your tricks Loki. Now tell me what exactly are you thinking?" After everything that has happened with New York, you can't really blame Thor for being on edge when he sees his brother deep in thoughts.

Unconsciously, Loki scratched his wrist. Thor's attention was immediately on it, it would be dumb for Thor to not know about his brother's soulmate. "You won't have to worry brother. I'm not planning anything", Loki spat out the word 'brother' as if it is was poisonous.

They both know there was no real heat behind it.

He scratched again and Thor immediately figured out why his brother was in such a foul mood. "If you're trying to figure it out, it means she is thinking of you", Thor said softly as he pulled up his sleeve to show Loki, Jane's full name on his wrist before pulling it down.

Without another word, Thor left Loki to his unsettled thoughts. Loki lets out a dry laugh "Who can ever love a monster?" Loki asked as he stared at the reflection in the glass that separated him from the outside world. His blue eyes turned red before they turned back to blue. "As if there is anyone capable", Loki walked over to the opposite side and slid down to the floor, feet pulled into chest as he rested his head into his arms that rest perfectly on his knees.