Chapter Five

Hello everyone! So in the last chapter your father's crazy girlfriend burned your house down. But you and Dan are gonna do some retail shopping. He's hoping it'll make you feel better but what he doesn't know is just having him with you helps. But anyway, thank you all so much for the votes and comments. It makes me so happy and it inspires me to write more. So thank you again and I hope you guys like this chapter, let's see what all we can do with it.

Dan and I got to the store, I had to get more business attire and things like that for my job. I can't believe she lost her freaking mind. I was still so angry and kind of worried, but i hope I got over it soon. I hate when things like this happen. I don't know how to control my emotions, not that I was ever fully in control with them anyway. I sighed and I felt arms wrap around my waist, I looked over my shoulder and there was Dan. He kissed my cheek and I smiled some.

"There's a start. Don't worry about that crazy woman (y/n). She's not worth this distress. And she seriously went absolutely mental. You don't need that crap in your life babe." He said and I nodded.

"It's just so hard Dan. Like, they're ruining my life and my emotions are slowly just spiralling out of control. Like I know I'm crap at keep my emotions together but this is just freaking ridiculous." I said and looked down.

"Baby it's okay... no matter what, I'm here and we will get through all of this." He said to me and I sniffled then nodded.

"Okay.... I love you." I said.

"I love you too beautiful." He replied gently and wipes my tears away that had fallen from my eyes. I smiled and we continued on buying clothes and things. I had to replace pretty much everything. But Dan made it easier and I wasn't by myself through everything anymore.

We finished up some hours later and went to his house. We didn't talk too much but it was a comfortable silence. We started packing up everything so we could move it to the new house. This move made me extremely happy and excited to start my new life with Dan. As messed up as I may be in the head, he made me feel as though I was normal and didn't have any issues. And I always wonder how I got lucky enough to have him.

Some hours later, I was in the kitchen. I was making dinner for the both of us and talking on the phone to my boss. I was working some and sorting things out for my boss that she wanted completed. Then i got off and plated the food, going to put it on the table.

"Dan, dinner is ready." I said.

"Coming love." He called back and came downstairs.

He pulled the chair out for me and I sat down, thanking him and he sat across from me.

"It's okay. And babe this looks and smells absolutely amazing." He said and I smiled.

"Glad you think so. New recipe." I said. "I wanted to try something completely different. So I hope it tastes okay. Just a spur of the moment thing." I finished.

"I'm sure it's perfectly fine love." He said and ate.

I ate some and it wasn't bad. I was really surprised.

"I'm really surprised how well this turned out." I spoke up.

"You shouldn't doubt yourself or your abilities." He said to me and I looked down.

"Still trying to get over how and why you chose me." I said.

"Why?" He asked.

"I don't know. I just do." I said.

I heard his chair move back then he kneeled down beside me. He placed his hand on my cheek, making me look at him.

My (e/c) eyes met his. I lightly bit my lip and he carefully kissed me. I kissed him back and wrapped my arms around his neck. He picked me up and held me close to him. I allowed him to.

We soon pulled away and found ourselves in the living room on the couch. I looked up at him and his face was a very bright red, but I know my face was on fire too.

We pulled away and went to go finish eating. We talked and everything then soon we decided to clean up. I yawned some and looked at my phone.

"(Y/N)," he said.

"Yes?" I answered back.

"You okay?"

"I'm exhausted and really do not want to go to work tomorrow. But I have this very big and important meeting." I said and huffed.

"Well, hmm.... leave after your meeting." He said and I looked up at him.

"Seriously?" I asked.

"Yeah, I'll drop you off and pick you up." He said.

"Thank you Dan, I really appreciate it." I said.

"Hey it's alright, anything for you." He said and I hugged him.

He hugged back and rubbed my back.

Once we finished cleaning, I went to bed because I had to get up early in the morning.

The next morning came around and I got up to my alarm. I went to go do my hair and makeup then made sure I had a change of clothes to change into afterwards. I got dressed and looked at my outfit then looked behind me when Dan came up and wrapped his arms around me. I leaned back against him and smiled some.

"Ready to go babe?" He asked.

"Mhm. Do I look okay? Or is this too much?" I asked.

"You look perfect." He said and I smiled. We went out to his car and he dropped me off. I leaned over and kissed him. He kissed me back and smiled once we pulled away.

"I love you Dan." I said.

"I love you too. I'll see you later." He said and I nodded then smiled. I got out and went inside the building, going to my office.

Once I had clocked in, I started working on my computer, answering emails and doing the final touches on my presentation. I worked on other things until it was time for the meeting but then my work phone rang. I hit the speaker.

"Yes?" I answered.

"Ms. (L/N) we have a visitor here for you." Callie whispered.

"What?" I asked.

"He's demanding to see you. We told him that you're not here but he's determined." She said then she screamed and the phone cut off.

My heart started pounding and my panic was starting to rise. I ran over and turned off my lights and my computer screen then went to lock my door. I hid under my desk, just as the building went into lockdown. I grabbed my phone and called the police. Suddenly I heard screaming and gunshots.

I tried to hold back crying out because I was absolutely terrified. Once the police said that they were dispatching police and ambulances, I got off and text Dan.

I closed my eyes and held my phone close to me. I had made sure my sound was off as well. I soon heard pounding on my door. I bit my lip extremely hard to keep from screaming out.

After a bit there was a shatter, then footsteps.

And this chapter is a wrap! I'm sorry I've taken forever to update, been under a lot of stress lately with my job and life in general. But I wanted to update this for you guys. I know this is a cliffhanger and you guys will probably want to kill me but that's okay. I'll try to update sooner. But I hoped you enjoyed. Poor reader-chan can't catch a break, but hopefully things will get better for her. Also, question, did you guys want the reader to have any kids or furbabies or both? Let me know.

Until then, see ya!!