#9 Fresh Start

'Everything is painfully dark. What... Why can't I see anything?'

'Maybe you should open your eyes.' A voice in the back of my mind chimed in.

'Yeah, no shit dumbass.'

I'm not sure what happen before. When I open my eyes I could quickly tell that I'm in the hospital wing. I immediately groaned at my discovery.

'Great...'

The question of "What happened?" could be asked, and answered later. Right now, I need to leave. And quickly. Before a certain med witch comes to check on her latest patient. But of course, she was on me the moment I made a sound.

"Ah, Your awake!"

From seemingly out of nowhere Madame Pomfrey shuffles her way to my bedside. The woman means well no doubt, but I'm not in the mood for doctoring. I began to attempt sitting up, ready to start explain my way out of a what I'm sure is a routine check up, only to be quickly shot down by the Witch.

"None of that. Now, Lie back down dear. Can't have you fainting again."

'Fainting? I have never fainted before.'

I stayed down, shocked by that information. I knew strange things would happen again this year, as they did every year, but why to me? While I was Lost in my own though, Pomfrey was busy at the bed side table.

"Now. I hope when I ask you what happen, fighten' was not involved."

The need to move around was maddening. I had to get up. The motion of me trying to sit upright again had Pomfrey immediately on me for it but I waved her off this time.

"No... no. I'm fine now."

I flashed her with a fake reassuring smile.

"How did I get here?"

Surely someone pick me up and brought me here. But the who is what I'm concerned about. I glanced around as though innocent to this mess. Pomfrey let's out a huff of defeat leaving me be upright.

"Mr. Malfoy brought you here late into the evening-"

'Draco?!'

Pomfrey continued to rattled on. While my eyes widened at the mention of the platinum haired git.

"Quite shook the boy was. Looked dreadful... Guilty, even."

She gave a stern look at me, fishing for a reaction no doubt, at the word Guilty. I stayed silent. Getting the message I wouldn't speak up she continued on.

"When he came in with you I thought the two of you were got into one of your 'talks' again."

She stops briefly holding out a glass of pumpkin juice for me to take.

"No, we definitely weren't."

I said simply while taking the drink. Not interested in it in the least.

"Mmm-hmm..."

She clearly wasn't buying it. But, to my knowledge I wasn't lying.

"Well. By the time I had my things together, Mr. Malfoy left without a word. After all the fuse he made. to just up and leave you be. Well no child like it when they have to answer to there mistakes but-."

She was rambling now, great. The fact the Draco found me AND seemed to care rubbed me the wrong way.

"That... This would be my first interaction with him all year, honestly."