CLXXV- The Book That Started it All

A/N: Hello Lovelies!!! Now the third BCD is not being written just yet due to some other projects that I'm working on. I'm still continuing this series and will update as I go. However, I wrote this first chapter and I really wanted to share it with you guys so consider it a teaser for Behind Classroom Doors III. Please enjoy and as always, comment and vote. I read every comment and look forward to it.

The song above is called Waltz Right In by: Matt Maeson. 10/10 song please listen.

All copyrights belong to me, this is fiction with fictional characters.

Okay...let's go!

No longer behind classroom doors

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Roughly Four Years Later:

My journey with love is something I hope no one else has to go through. I'm not a saint, I've made mistakes, but I was also made a victim. There was a time in my life where I was so scared to be labeled as such, and I pity her. I pity her because she was scared of what everyone else thought of her. She never thought to ask, "But what about me?" And so, that is what I want you all to take out of this story. Because I'm not scared anymore. Fuck what everyone else thinks.

    The spotlight turns off as the projector shows the crowd a paragraph from my book. The host, a woman of poise and grace named Anne Lake, sits on a plush white chair. I sit across from her, with my right leg crossed elegantly over my left. I'm dressed in the finest clothes, just as Anne.

    The crowd claps and dies down so that Anne can speak. Her wide lips part as perfectly made teeth dazzles the audience, me included. Then her blue eyes narrow on me. "That was a very well known quote from Livia Gardner's memoir." The crowd claps as the spotlights turn to the two of us on stage. "Now Livia, the people have a few questions." The silence in the audience damns me to offer a polite smile.

    I keep up my posture, "I'm an open book." It's moments like these that I was afraid of, but Shawn assured me that this was okay, that I could tell the world my story. Our story.

    Anne looks at her notes, and the suspense grows with every passing second. After a long pause, she asks the first question. "You said you met your now husband-Shawn Morgan from Briers and Morgan Co.- when you were a senior in highschool." I nod sharply, waiting for the question. "I think I speak for everyone when I say, tell me more about that!" Her positive attitude reflects everyone else. They cheer and whistle and pretend it's not peer pressure.

    I remain calm on the outside, and remember that the greater good often requires sacrifice. "If you read the book then you know he was my teacher."

    "Then your professor the next year right?"

    I nod again and open my mouth to remind them, "Yes, but that's not what the book is about. It's about the abuse I endured. The abuse women all over the world endure." The love story was a tall glass of water, there to make the gigantic pill of domestic violence easier to swallow.

    Instead, they take the water and drink it without so much as putting the pill in their mouths. "Yeah, but it's not often that a scandal happens simultaneously." Anne leans in, the mic still clipped to her blouse. "Morgan and Briers Co. Is the most up and coming business in New York. Jack Briers and Shawn Morgan have gone up millions in stocks this past year alone. Not to mention they're three times winning most eligible bachelors in several magazines. Shawn Morgan was even in 30 under 30. They're a success story fit for the big apple." I internally roll my eyes. Neither of them are really even eligible.