intro

ATHENA GRACE  was a victor.

THE district seven tribute had won her games at the young age of fifteen

THE district seven tribute had won her games at the young age of fifteen. Undoubtedly, Athena was the best victor the Capitol had ever seen. She took down fifteen tributes in her Games. She was highly skilled in combat, being able to wield any weapon with ease. Although her weapons of choice were throwing knives and swords.

Athena was equipped with an agile and fast skillset, through District 7, she was taught to climb trees. This became handy when her arena was revealed to be a jungle. She was outstandingly strong at hand-to-hand combat through self-training and possessed a large amount of intelligence. Therefore enabling her quick-thinking and ability to generate plans.

She had not been a career. Athena lived with a family of five. Her mother, father and two sisters. Maria, her older sister, was dying. Diagnosed with a rare disease, and with the lack of wealth throughout District 7, the expensive treatment was practically impossible for the family. So when her younger sister, Lily, was called at the reaping Athena volunteered in a heartbeat, determined to save both of her sisters.

Athena had not trained for the Hunger Games and frankly, at the age of fifteen, she was terrified. Although when she arrived and began training for the games, it was incredible. She was fit, naturally talented at combat and cunning.

So when the Hunger Games began, she realised something. If she won, her family would have enough money to pay for Maria's treatment. This set Athena Grace apart from the other tributes, as she would do whatever it took to win.

She won her games with ease.

There was no doubt Athena Grace was beautiful. She was the Capitol darling. Everyone adored her for her striking looks, deadly skills and fiery attitude. Athena was also bubbly, kind and empathetic around her friends and loved ones, consistently goofing around and making jokes. The combination of her two sides enabled her to be extremely adored by everyone without even vying for the attention. She was well feared and was the most highly respected victor.

Athena was smart. She wasn't a ruthless killer, in fact she didn't want to win the Hunger Games. She didn't want to kill innocent kids, she was against the whole process, but she had to save her sister. She wasn't evil or ruthless in any sorts, just did what she had to in order to help her loved ones. She always decorating the fallen tributes with flowers to signify their loss and her undeniable sorrows to their families.

This was until her only ally was killed. While Athena went to collect water from a nearby stream, she came back to her ally brutally slaughtered. Her blood decorated the walls of the cave. After finding out the careers had done it,

She snapped.

She turned into a ruthless killer, took down the entire career pack by herself, this showing her true capability.

Despite this, she did not hunt anyone after she murdered the careers. She simply defended herself when was needed. The other tributes believed she was an extreme threat so they decided they would band together to eliminate her. When the remaining tributes attacked, Athena had no choice but to fight back. She killed them all by herself, deeming her the victor.

Over the years as Athena mentored the tributes her skills heightened and her knowledge expanded. She was an excellent mentor and had led District Seven to become a feared district among the twelve.

Athena Grace thought her time in the arena was over, until the dreaded announcement of the Quarter Quell.