ten ; rooftop

CHAPTER TEN
rooftop

"we can crawl to a rooftop and inhale the lights below, and the stars above as we laugh and forget the world we left the ground on,"

Athena Grace yawned out of boredom as she stood next to Finnick in the lift.

The blonde girl untangled herself from his grip and grumbled in annoyance. She blew a golden strand of hair from her face in an exasperated gesture.

"What's wrong Princess?" Finnick questioned with an amused tone, the corners of his mouth curled upwards.

"I was making allies and you interrupted me!" She muttered, folding her arms.

Finnick let out a soft laugh that echoed around the cool walls of the elevator. A soft smile graced his handsome features.

Athena lightly kicked him, "And I had just met Peeta! He was so adorable," The girl complained.

"Athena, he is a married man," Finnick expression turned jokingly serious, a fake frown gracing his features.

The blonde girl huffed, "Not like that you imbecile!"

Finnick nodded approvingly, "Good, I'm the only one you are allowed to find adorable,".

Athena rolled her eyes.

The golden boy brought his face in a close proximity to hers, Athena felt heat rise to her cheeks. His face hovered in front of hers, and Athena had to fight to suppress her flushed face. After faltering slightly, her cocky-self returned as she squared her shoulders and stared into his ocean blue eyes.

"It's very straightforward of you to invite others into our alliance without consulting me," Finnick cooed, cocking his head to the side, his expression resembled a kicked puppy.

Athena shoved his muscular arm playfully, "Who said I wanted an alliance with you!" She retorted as she stuck her tongue out.

The blonde girl pushed Finnick back so his face was no longer centimetres from her own. The flush on her face began to fade and Athena felt extremely thankful for that.