eleven ; capitol's princess

CHAPTER ELEVEN
capitol's princess

"we are made of all those who have built and broken us,"

Athena awoke to the cool breeze ruffling her blonde strands of hair. The sun was rising, morning colours painted the sky a golden glow.

She quietly peeled an eye open, feeling Finnick's rhythmic breaths underneath her. Their legs were lazily intertwined and his tanned arm was secured around her waist.

The girl sighed in content, a feeling of peace washing over her, until was harshly reminded that she had to get up, she grimaced.

The elevator let out a gravelling ping and Athena's head swivelled to peer at it. Finnick's breathing stopped as his eyes met with a certain brunette boys gaze. The tan boy buried his head in the crook of her neck with a long whine of protest.

Jacob grinned as his eyes washed over the cuddling pair, he took confident strides towards them.

"Figured you two would be together," Jacob grinned cheekily, dropping a conspicuous wink at Athena.  She returned his gesture with an evil glare, a grumble deep in her throat.

Athena slowly began to untangle legs from Finnicks, feeling a strange feeling of emptiness in her stomach as his warmth left her. She slowly pushed his head off of her shoulder despite his protests and stood to face Jacob.

Jacob shook his head, a smile on his face at seeing the interactions between the two.

"Sylvia is expecting you Thena, Since the interviews are tonight, she wants us to prepare." The brown haired victor stated, his arms now folded in a more serious gesture.

Athena groaned.

"I love Sylvia, but why did she have to get me up this early, you know i'm not a morning person,"

Jacob just laughed at her response, flicking his head to signal at Finnick.

The boy in question currently sat cross legged on the pillowing blankets, chin propped in his palm as his gaze wandered the horizon lazily.

He was obviously still half asleep.

"Fishboy's needed back at his quarters, so blame him, and with that I'm off!" Jacob shot Athena's grumpy figure a thumbs up as he strode back into the elevator, a cheeky grin adorning his handsome features.

Athena's eyes flitted back to the now semi conscious Finnick. The tan boy had a pout on his face as he gazed at Athena, seemingly against the idea of getting up.

She simply cocked her head, a small smile making its way onto her face.

"Better get up Fishboy, or else Mags might spear you with one of her fishhooks," She giggled, reminiscing the times when Finnick would irritate Mags and the elderly woman would chase him around with her self-made fishhooks.