11.Practice

Triiiiiiiiiinngggggg........................................

"No....it's...it's time already?" Neori whined in bed as her alarm clock went off, "Arghh....," she struggled standing up, "Wait.....oh its Saturday!!!" she exclaimed joyfully as she gleefully lay back into bed...... "Oh yeah! Its Saturday!"

Plesant, sunny day outside, lovely weather. It was the day Neori was supposed to go to Saomi's home to prepare for their big performance. She jumped out of bed, had her breakfast, took a shower and got all ready to go. She got into a black mini limo(which is just 'said' to be mini) with her Korean ahjussi ready to drop her off at Saomi's.

"Ok...now take the left turn and then go straight......" Saomi instructed her over the phone.

"Golden Gate up front okay," Saomi said, "......hello? Neori?....Helloooo?" Hmmm.....did it get cut?

The call hadn't got cut. Neori was just awestruck by what she saw. "Oh My fric...."

"Neori!!!"

"Sorry sorry...."

Saomi had been a polish language instructor to her new-found friend. She said a girl coming from a rich family must also speak rich, referring to Neori and her high-class family.

"Saomi!!!!! Oh My God!!! Suzuki Saomi.....don't tell me...is this your house?!!!!"

"Umm.....hang up now. I'll meet you in a minute," Saomi said, a bit embarrassed. She expected this kind of reaction. She'd never told anyone that she was......rich too. She preferred to live the quiet, calm life she lived, without people knowing about her affluent family, to the extent of begging her parents to allow her to walk to and from school.

The gates were opened and a beautiful view appeared. A huge lawn. Really huge. Nope, no fountain in the middle but....a statue. Three tall golden pillars with inscriptions on each of them. Up front was the parking area and then, appeared a huge building, enormously huge, painted white and cream.

"This is so much larger than our house. Woah, Saomi, you turned out to be something else," Neori muttered.

"Well, here we are. Give me a call when you want me to fetch you alright?" the driver said.

"Okay ahjussi. Thank you. Bye. Eat on time okay," she said as she hopped out of the car and went up the front door.

"Haha...Yes, I will," the driver replied. A good friendship had blossomed between the two. He was like a grandfather to Neori, someone she never had.

She rang the doorbell. A very distinguished looking woman opened it and bowed to her.

"Hello, I am Neori. I'm here to meet Saomi," Neori said in the best way possible, obviously trying to make an impression on the woman.

The woman nodded and gestured for her to come it.

"I'll call Saomi. Please sit comfortably," she said.

"Thank you," Neori said and had a seat. The house was enormous.

Woah.....Saomi really! I never thought she would turn out to be someone so rich. She behaves otherwise...she mumbled to herself.

"Hey Neori," a voice called out to her and she looked up to see who it was.

Saomi came running down the stairs in a peach coloured sweater and cream coloured trousers. Something looked different about her today.

"Ah....Saomi, you're looking really pretty," Neori complimented as she went over to give her a hug.

"Oh thank you," she replied, "you're looking really nice too," she said to Neori who wore a green coloured jacket with black trousers.