Jail (Love) Birds

Will's POV
The air smells of blood. The man sitting next to me spits out a tooth. Ugh. Doesn't he know how much it's going to cost to that that fixed? Maybe he doesn't know. Maybe he doesn't care. The guy sitting next to him is smirking in my direction. He has dark hair and pale skin. He catches me looking at him and blushes before looking away. Oh my God. So badass. The other person is a woman, which confuses me. I thought that they had gender separated holding cells for the 'criminals' they apprehend.

The woman, who I soon learn is named Thalia, is banging on the door yelling "I want my fucking lawyer!" The tooth guy (the tooth is still on the floor. I seem to be the only one who notices it.) posted bail an hour or so ago. The other person is still sitting there, smirking, a faint trace of a blush still on his face. He's cute.

Thalia's lawyer got here. Now I'm alone in a police station holding cell with an incredibly pretty criminal.

"What're you in for?" I ask the dark haired man. I figure I'm going to jail, so I might as well make a jail friend! It's never too early to start making memories! "I stole a knife." He said. "Then I stabbed the guy in the foot with his knife. He was trying to hurt someone, so I hurt him before he had a chance. You?" He had a charming Italian accent. "I'm Nico, by the way. Nico Di Angelo."
"Uh...." I respond. Yes, I'm eloquent like that. "I tried to take all the dogs." I said. Nico looked puzzled at my remark. "What?"
"At the animal shelter. I tried to steal all the dogs."
"Oh my God." He said to me, shaking his head. "You are amazing."

My lawyer arrives. Finally. "Will," She says, "You've got to stop doing this." Piper McLean, my lawyer, almost always wins cases. She's amazing. "If you keep robbing dog shelters, you're going to get arrested for real. And I won't be able to stop it. Come on." I follow her, but I turn around to face Nico. "Is your lawyer coming?" "Don't talk to him, William." Piper scolds me.
"Why not?" I ask her.
"Because I am my lawyer. And I've the only person who's ever bested Miss McLean in a case." Nico smirks again. He's really good at that. "Then," I ask, "Why are you still here?" "So I could talk to you. No further questions."
"This isn't a trial, Di Angelo." Piper snarls.
"Isn't everything a trial, McLean? Of course, you wouldn't know that."
"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Oh, nothing much. But enough. Goodbye, Piper McLean. Bye, Will." He waves goodbye and Piper ushers me out the door. As we leave, I see Nico stand up and start talking to an officer. She lets him out of the cell, and he walks out. He's walking toward us, but I don't get to hear what he has to say, because Piper's already driving away.