Werewolf

The three wizards in the room stared at Jacob in mild shock. Dumbledore himself looked a little surprised.

"What do you mean by that, Jacob?" Dumbledore asked curiously.

Jacob slouched in his chair and assumed he could tell these people his secret, seeing as they had a big secret of their own to keep.

"I'm a werewolf." He simply stated.

Tonks choked on air, Andromeda gasped in shock, and Dumbledore's eyes widened.

It was silent for a full minute before Dumbledore broke the silence. "Well this is quite the surprise." He said, his eyes twinkling.

Tonks suddenly stood up and said "I should go get Remus!" Then she ran to the fireplace and floo-ed in the blink of an eye.

"Well it looks like that's settled." Dumbledore said with humor lacing his voice.

Andromeda chuckled as Dumbledore said "So did you find at your sister's house?"

Andromeda looked up and said "Nothing. Just Jacob's birth certificate."

Dumbledore nodded as the fireplace erupted into flames and out came Tonks. "Remus is right behind me." She said.

"Thank you Tonks." Dumbledore said with a smile.

Then out of the fireplace stepped out a man with shabby clothes who Jacob assumed was Remus. "What's going on?" he asked in confusion. "Tonks barged into my house and dragged me to the fireplace!" Then he noticed Jacob.

"And who may I ask, are you?"

"Jacob Black."

"He's Bella's son." Andromeda said.

Remus' mouth opened a bit as he took in this piece of information.

"And he's a werewolf." Tonks added.

Remus looked between everyone's faces in the room in shock. He looked back towards Jacob who looked quite bored. "Who turned you?" Remus asked. He truly hoped it wasn't someone like Fenrir Greyback.

A sneer appeared on Jacobs face and he said "Turned me? I'm not like some filthy bloodsucker who gets made, I was born a werewolf."

"Well Bellatrix surely wasn't a werewolf, was your father?" Remus asked.

"No, it's in my family history. My grandfather was one and there are tons of legends about my heritage. My heritage involves a native American group called the Quileute's." Jacob said.

Remus was speechless and Dumbledore was looking at the boy in curiosity.

"Tomorrow is a full moon, is it not, Remus?" Dumbledore asked.

Remus looked up at the headmaster and nodded his head. "Then perhaps Jacob can stay with you tomorrow for the transformation."

Remus nodded and Jacob looked up at Dumbledore. "I don't transform during a full moon." He said. "My job as a werewolf is to protect people, so whenever there is danger I can transform into a wolf. The moon has nothing to do with it. However if I get too angry about something I will transform and will possibly hurt someone. It has happened to someone in my pack."

"Your pack?" Dumbledore asked.

Jacob nodded and said "I have a pack back in La Push. If I were to turn in a wolf right now I would be able to communicate with them telepathically."

"So If we were to go outside right now you would be able to transform at your own will?" Remus asked skeptically.

Dumbledore smiled at Jacob and said "Thank you for sharing this with us."