Chapter IV: A Misunderstanding

A/N: I'm so sorry for the late update, I've been revising for exams. They're over in a couple of weeks though so I'll be updating more often soon. Thank you to everyone who reads and votes I love you all so much! Enjoy!

~Blaise POV~

We all enter the Great Hall then split up- me and Draco sit down at the Slytherin table and the girls at the Gryffindor table. McGonagall is watching us and suddenly stands up and says loudly "All students and teachers are free to sit wherever they like." There's silence for a moment and then a loud voice echos across the room, coming from the Gryffindor table. 

"RONALD WEASLEY!" Hermione's shrill voice screams from the scarlet envelope, magically magnified one hundred times.

"HOW DARE YOU CHEAT ON ME WITH LAVENDER BROWN! YOU'RE THE MOST HORRIBLE PERSON I'VE EVER HAD THE MISFORTUNE OF MEETING! NOW THAT EVERYONE KNOWS WHAT A PIECE OF DUNG YOU ARE, NOBODY WILL EVER DATE YOU AGAIN!"

The howler explodes and Weasley looks shocked for a moment. Then he stands up and turns to Hermione who has tears in her eyes but is laughing at the same time. The whole school seems to be watching with bated breath.

"WHY IN THE NAME OF MERLIN'S WIFE'S BRA DO YOU THINK I WAS CHEATING ON YOU?" Weasley yells, bright red around the ears.

"You- you mean you didn't?" Asks Hermione in a small voice that can still be heard through the total silence.

Lavender Brown suddenly walks up to her and shoves her in the chest, hard.

"I AM NOT DATING RON, YOU IDIOT. I'M IN A HAPPY RELATIONSHIP WITH SEAMUS! SO KEEP YOUR STUPID IDEAS TO YOURSELF!" With that, she storms out of the hall. Hermione looks at Weasley.
"I'm so sorr-" Hermione starts to stutter but Weasley cuts across her.

"No!" He says. "It's too late! I didn't think I was dating a maniac! That's it! I'm dumping you. Now everybody knows what a piece of dung you are, nobody will ever date you again!" And with that, he storms out of the Great Hall, the whole school staring at Hermione, who has tears running down her face. I exchange a startled look with Draco but he looks quite gleeful.

~Ginny POV~

Everyone is silent as Hermione stands still, too stunned to speak. Then the whole hall breaks out into talk whilst glancing at Hermione. I feel so bad for her.

Harry tries to catch my eye but I resolutely ignore him. Hermione storms out after Pavarti Patil whispers something very loudly to me about 'excuses to dump Ron'. I glare at her and tell her that if she doesn't shut her ugly face I'll do it for her.

Then Harry says my name and I stalk out of the hall after Hermione, tossing my long red hair over my shoulder into Harry's face.

I reach the Astronomy Tower and climb through the portrait hole. Then I go up to the private library where I bet 100 galleons she'll be.

Sure enough, I walk in and see Hermione hugging a book and sobbing, Crookshanks sniffing her hair looking confused. 

As I enter, she looks up. "Go away Gin, please. I'm really not in the mood."

I sigh and leave, knowing I felt the same last night.

I go back downstairs and sit on the green velvet sofa, breathing in the scent of Blaise Zabini who must have sat here before me.

Suddenly, Blaise and Draco stride into the room. Draco says he's going to his room but we both see him go up the girls staircase. Ha! I wonder if Hermione'll magically want company now!

Blaise sits down next to me, raising his eyebrows at my choice of seating but making no comment.

I stare into the flames and breathe in Blaise's sexy- um musky scent. Before I know it, I'm asleep.

~Draco POV~

Blaise and I leave the Great Hall after Hermione and Ginny do and we head for the Astronomy Tower. As we enter, Ginny is sitting on the green velvet sofa and Hermione is nowhere to be seen.
I quickly make an excuse about going to my room but walk up the girls staircase. I don't even care that Blaise and Ginny are watching me. Hermione needs me.

I walk into the private library and sit down next to Hermione. She's crying and stroking Crookshanks. I pull her to my chest and stroke her hair.

"Shhhhh, it's ok," I whisper. "He doesn't deserve you anyway."

Hermione sniffs. "It's not him," she replies "It's everyone else."

My heart lifts. She doesn't care about breaking up with Weasley, she just cares about what everyone else thinks! A sudden urge to kiss her takes hold of me and I think she needs it so I lean forward and kiss her cheek softly.

She looks up and smiles at me then puts her hand around my neck and leans in.

I stare into her beautiful brown eyes and put my hand on her stomach. She runs her hand through my hair and I brush my lips against hers. Then we kiss harder and break apart after a few moments.

I grin and my smile is reflected on her gorgeous features.

"I love you Draco." Hermione says.

"I love you more 'Mione." I reply and she hugs me. We cuddle for a while and then walk downstairs. Blaise and Ginny are asleep, Ginny's head on Blaise's chest and Blaise's nose in Ginny's hair. They look adorable.

Hermione grins at me and we go and cuddle up on the red velvet sofa. Soon we're asleep too and as it's the weekend we don't need to worry about lessons.

~Hermione POV~

I wake up just before lunch time next to a warm blonde figure. I turn and cuddle into Draco's chest and his grey eyes open and stare into mine. We glance over at the other sofa and suddenly Ginny wakes with a start, making Blaise jump up too.

They break apart, embarrassed but then look at me and Draco and relax.

I stand up and check my reflection in the mirror.

"Accio hairbrush." I say and it sails down the stairs to me. I catch it and start running it through my curly brown locks. Then I put it up in a ponytail and smile at the others.

"I think it's lunchtime." Mumbles Ginny, picking up my hairbrush and brushing her own shiny auburn hair.

"Let's go downstairs." Says Blaise and we all leave.

Everyone that sees me starts whispering and I remember breakfast this morning. I already love Draco more than I've ever loved Ron but it's hard to believe it's over and because of my stupid mistake. I wonder if Harry hates me now too...

Then again- I don't really care because Harry cheated on Ginny and I expected better. He'd always seemed so decent.

We enter the Great Hall and sit at the Slytherin Table.

Out of the corner of my eye, I see a certain redhead storm out, followed by his black-haired friend.

It's so weird that we broke apart so easily after all that the three of us had been through. Oh well, I guess people change.

We eat lunch and ignore the stupid comments that come my way. Draco and the others defend me from Pansy Parkinson who's being particularly horrible and Draco takes my hand under the table and squeezes it, making me smile.

After lunch, we head out into the grounds and spend an enjoyable afternoon by the Black Lake in the weak September sun.

A/N: Thanks for reading! Sorry that took so long I'm camping at the moment. Hope you're enjoying :)