Chapter XXVII: Leaving

~Blaise POV~

We have lots of free time after exam week. Gryffindor wins the Quidditch Cup, as predicted, and Ginny gets scouted by a Holyhead Harpies manager who offers her a place at their tryouts during the summer. She excitedly accepts it and I'm really proud because she's another step closer to her dream.

Although it's fun to not have any work, it means that the time goes really quickly and before we know it, it's the start of our last ever day at Hogwarts. We have the end of year feast this evening, followed by a party in the Chamber of Secrets. This time tomorrow, we'll be packing our things and leaving the castle forever. The thought of it makes me feel oddly lonely, although I'm excited for the future with Ginny.

"Wow it's so weird to think that after tomorrow we'll never live here ever again." Ginny comments as she perches on my bed. It's Friday morning and she's waiting for me to get up so we can get some breakfast. I don't feel like moving though so I'm still lying under the duvet.

"Come on Blaise, I'm hungry." she whines, grasping my hand and attempting to drag me out of the bed. I don't budge, causing her to huff and leave the room.

Surprised that Ginny gave up so easily, I almost get up to see if something's happened. Before I can think properly, however, I find that there are now three people standing at the foot of my bed. I groan and roll over, hiding my face under the pillow.

"On three. One, two, three." I hear Draco whisper. I peer out at them to see what's going on but as I do, a large amount of freezing cold water hits me in the face. Spluttering uncontrollably, I jump off the bed and run out of the room.

"What the hell was that for?" I protest, grabbing a towel from the bathroom and drying myself off.

"Just having some fun." Hermione laughs as she walks past the bathroom and down the stairs. I brush my teeth and put some clothes on before following the others to the Great Hall.

We spend most of the day outside in the grounds. Theo dares me to swim in the Black Lake with the giant squid and I'm not one for refusing a dare. The sun is beaming down on the water making it look incredibly inviting and I actually enjoy my swim. I try to convince Draco and Theo to come in aswell and after a bit of persuasion they do. Ginny jumps in too and most of the year follows suit.

After hours of splashing around, which we would usually get into trouble for but the teachers don't seem to mind as it's our last day, we get out and walk back up to the castle to shower and change before the end of year feast.

We still have some time to spare when the four of us are ready so we sit on the sofas in the common room.

"Wow, so much has happened this year." I remark, thinking back to last September.

"Yeah, funny to think we didn't even talk this time last year and now look at us." Ginny states.

"I couldn't be happier with the way that things turned out." Draco smiles, pulling Hermione closer to him.

"Alright, no need to get all soppy." Ginny groans, standing up. She leaves the room and I follow, turning back to the others once I reach the portrait.

"We'll be there in a minute." Draco calls. I nod and proceed to walk with Ginny down to the Great Hall.

~Ginny POV~

The end of year feast is the most spectacular I've ever witnessed. It may be because I know I'll never get to experience it again but I appreciate every little thing from the food to the atmosphere to the decorations.

Once we've all helped ourselves to multiple portions of dessert, McGonagall stands up and clears her throat, causing silence to fall across the room.