The Scientist Songfic

Optimus POV-

"Come up to meet you.Tell you i'm sorry.You don't know how lovely you are."

After the battle was over and everything was peaceful again I walked over to Cade.As I walked over I noticed he was with Vivian.As soon as I got to them I knelt down so that I would be closer to their height.Cade and Vivian both looked up at me.

"It's good to see you back to yourself Optimus.I'm sure that not only I but everyone is happy to have you back."

"I'm glad to be back...i'm sorry for my actions.I did not wish to attack or harm you in any way."

"I know you didn't Optimus.You didn't hurt me...and while I appreciate you apologizing to me...i'm not the one you should be apologizing to.I'm not the one you attacked and hurt.I'm sure he'll forgive you though.He's not one to hold grudges after all...he's too nice for that."

"Hm.Yes you're right.I need to apologize to Bumblebee.It hurts to think that I attacked a member of my team and a dear friend of mine.And I do believe you're right.Bumblebee is far to nice.He's actually the nicest out of all us Autobots.I need to find him and tell him i'm sorry...do you have any idea where he could be?"

"I had to find you,tell you I need you.Tell you I set you apart."

"He headed towards that hill a few minutes ago...so he might be there."he said pointing to a hill a few feet away.I look back at Cade and thank him.As I head to the hill I think back on how I had tried to kill Bumblebee.I honestly hate what I did to him and am scared that he won't forgive me.As I get closer to the hill I start to see black and yellow on top of it...it must be Bumblebee.As I finally reach the top he turns his head towards me and I freeze as my breath catches in my throat.I step closer to him and sit next to him on the hill.I watch as he looks forward again.

"I'm sorry."I whisper.

"For what?"he asks still looking forward.I turn towards him.

"For hurting you."

"You don't have anything to apologize for Optimus."he says turning and looking at me.I look at him confused.

"Of course I do.I almost killed you Bumblebee...I could have killed you!"

"I know...but I also know that it wasn't your fault.That,the one that attacked me,it wasn't you.I don't blame you and you shouldn't blame yourself.You have nothing to be sorry for."I felt as if I could cry from what he said.

"Besides...it wouldn't be THAT bad if I was gone right?I mean I can be really annoying and sometimes childish."I shook my head.

"You're wrong.You're so much more than that.You're brave and kind and selfless.There's no one else like you.We need you Bee...I NEED you.You might not see it but you mean a lot to me and I hold you very dear in my spark.And I can only hope that one day you will see it."

"Tell me your secrets.And ask me your questions.Oh,let's go back to the start."

"Hey Optimus?"
"Yes Bumblebee?"
"Do you think that Draft is right?That i'll never amount to anything other than being an annoying,childish,rash scout?"I turn to look at him.
"No.From where I stand,you have so much potential.You have some of the qualities of being a good leader.You're kind,selfless,have a good spark and spirit.If I had to choose anyone to replace me someday,I would choose you.You care for the humans and their culture.But I know that while it would break your spark to have to choose between the Autobots and the humans,you would choose the Autobots because that's where your loalty lies.I also know that while you and Draft fight a lot...you care for him as you do with all your team mates.Because that is who you are."

He glances at me before looking back down.
"You know...I always did admire you Optimus.Your a really good leader and the most selfless person i've ever met.Everyboy wants to be you or be your friend or apart of your team.And yet for some reason I got to be.And I just...I don't understand.Why did I get to be part of the Autobots and your friend.I'm not special or anything.I'm just plain,normal Bumblebee.So how did I end up here...part of your team,your friend,and wishing that if for just a moment we could be more.That you could think of me the way I think of you.See me the way I see you.To love me...the way I have always loved you.The way i'll continue to love you,even though I know in my spark and in my helm that nothing will come of it."he finished softly,as if wishing I didn't hear him or that the words or he could just dissapear.I watch him softly as I stay frozen from shock of what he has just said.I'm his superior,his leader and yet here he is...telling that he loves me.That he's in love with me.I softly smile as I lift my hand and rest it on his shoulder.Startled he jumps and looks at me for a split second before looking down as if he was ashamed.Ashamed of telling his deepest thoughts and feelings.

"Running in circles.Coming up tails.Heads on a science apart."

"Bumblebee,look at me."he remains looking down.I grip his shoulder.
"Bumblebee,please,look at me."I finally get him to lift his head though his eyes remain down.As soon as his eyes look up at me I lean forward and press my lips to his mouth plate,kissing him.I feel him freeze in shock and confusion before he relaxes and kisses back.As I pull away he opens his optics and tilts his head in confusion.I smile fondly as he watches me,trying to figure me out.

"Wha-what was that for.Wh-why would you?I-I mean why did you?H-how..."
"Why did I kiss you?"I saw a blue hue rise to his cheeks meaning that he was blushing.I chuckle before leaning forward and leaning my forhelm against his.I look into his blue optics before he turns them away in shy embarrassment.
"Because I love you Bee."that got his attention as his optics snap back to mine.I watch as his face turns a deeper blue.He looks down shyly.
"I-I love you too Op..."I smile as I lean down to kiss him again.This time he kisses back full force emidiatly.

"Nobody said it was easy.It such a shame for us to part.Nobody said it was easy.No one ever said it would be so hard.Oh,take me back to the start."

As we pull back I pull him into my arms and embrace him as the others come up the hill to us.I feel him wrap his arms around me as the others reach us.

"Guess they finally confessed and told each other of their love eh?"

I smile as I hear that comment knowing that it's true.

'I love you,my sweet little Bumblebee.'