~ Pencil ~ Paper ~ Coffee ~

Chapter 5

"If Max got on the plane this afternoon, he would arrive here tomorrow morning," I thought anxiously while running my fingers though my thick black hair. I cleaned the house yesterday and it smells very very very nice so there is one thing out of the way. What are we gonna do when he gets here though. Isn't it strange that he would fly out all this way to just... talk to me? I mean it seems like a big hassle already to get over here just for video purposes but to do that just to talk to me. Something really serious is up, I just can't seem to think of what it is... What if it's something really bad... what if I truly lose him or something devastating is going on and he needs an outlet to look upon? What if I completely let him down? What if-

I paused abruptly as apparently I had been pacing around the house, "calm down... just.. calm down," I whispered to myself sighing, "I gotta keep myself busy or I'm gonna have a mental break down in the middle of my living room." I took a deep breath as I got an idea of what I was could do. I trotted to my room with a few heavy footsteps yet they began to lighten up as I made my way forward.

Once I got in to my room I grabbed my ukulele that sat on it's stand in the corner. Sitting down at my desk I read over the lyrics once, " I fall again, I fall again. I fall again, I fall again. When you turn around I loose vision. Got me running deep into superstition, and I can't believe my fucking eyes. But a thousand years I'd never thought I would see you come from beneath me. I feel like falling, I feel like falling. (Repeat Chorus)" I smiled as I was pretty proud of this one yet it needed a little more. Something different. All of it is legato and lovingly tied together. Maybe something like this..

About an hour and a half pass and I have the last part done. I just need chords and some sorta "staff" I guess you could say. Just a vocal reference paper so I'm not too lost and forget everything. I read over the last few lyrics to make sure they were pristine, " Uh, I got these birds screaming like angels, When they fall out the sky lookin' so graceful. Grab your shotguns, and grab your rifles. Got these birds looking sleepy like NightQuil. (Repeat Chorus)"

It seemed to be about twelve already and my eye lids became heavy. I was so close too, I had the ukulele finished and recorded, also most of the vocals. I just needed the melody and the beat, then I must layer all of the parts together, praying that it'll all line up dynamically and length wise. I was so drowsy though and I just had to finish it. I got up and walked into the kitchen to fix a cup of coffee. That should pull me through.

I fix the coffee putting just a bit of sugar in it, I usually drink it pure black but I still enjoy sugar just not a lot. I walk to my room, both hands holding the cup. My fingers were numb to how extremely hot it was, to me it was merely even warmth. Making it in my room I close my door and set my cup of coffee on the desk, sitting down. I only had intentions of just sipping on it and not taking a break to drink it, I won't wanna finish it if I took a break.

At least four hours have past and I have had a complete sugar crash. I was so close though I just needed to perfect it... Just 10 more minutes and I'll go to bed.

*Knock Knock Knock* I groaned not even bothering to open my eyes, "Stupid fucking birds need to shut up," I mumbled to myself, not moving an inch in an attempt to fall back asleep. *Knock Knock*

"No, that's the door," I sighed as I lifted my head only to be in immense pain from my neck to my shoulders then down my back all the way to my hip, "damn it.. I fell asleep on my desk." I hissed at the sharp pain but then proceeded to slowly, and cautiously get up. I limp my way sleeply to the front door not even acknowledging how shitty I looked. I opened the door and as soon as my eyes adjusted I thought I was gonna faint.