Chapter 3

Connor didn't wait for Batman to put the green disturbance back in his utility belt. He mustered up as much strength as he could and leapt across the room with me in hand. He ran straight for the teleporter to get as far away from the weakening agent as possible. He picked me up bridal style and ran through the teleporter to God knows where. I just hope Batman doesn't get even angrier, because even I don't know what the bat is capable of when he gets downright furious. And Superboy just did the one thing that gets Batman that way. He just took his son.

Mount Justice

Batman ran toward the teleporter, trying to cut off the Super Clone before he was halfway across the globe, but stopped just short of the entrance. Superboy was just too fast for the caped crusader on foot. He could have tracked the two teens to whatever location the teleporter took them, but too many unknown variables could have been presented and compromised his ability to keep his ward safe. Wherever the teleporter took them, no matter the dangers presented, Connor's only known motive is to keep Robin safe, so he would keep the young teen safe, and that in itself calmed the Dark Knight, but only slightly.

Batman turned and walked toward the supercomputer to track which teleport pad they went to to get a basic feel for the general area the two teens are now occupying. He found that they arrived in the Batcave but already left the vicinity, which was most likely so that Superboy could find suitable shelter for the two teens. After finding this information Batman started to call superman to have a long discussion about his clone and the possible reasons as to why he took Robin insisting that he must be protected. Superman didn't answer and Batman tried a second time but was left with the same results, leading Batman to the conclusion that the Man of Steel was probably busy saving a life and such. Batman left a quick message letting him know to call as soon as he could and that it was of paramount importance that he do so immediately.

The rest of the team awkwardly stood there not really knowing how to broach the subject let alone approach the man who just had his son taken from him. After a few more minutes of Batman typing into the computer and paying the team little to no attention, Kaldur, as the team leader, stepped forward and asked the question that itched to be spoken by the others, "Batman, I apologize for interrupting your thoughts but what exactly just happened? I mean we understand that Connor took Robin, but for what cause?"

This elicited a slightly annoyed response from the Caped Crusader as he continued to type on the computer and replied "That is exactly what I am trying to figure out Kaldur. All I know is that for some reason Superboy feels the need to protect Robin, but for what purpose I still don't know. I lack the understanding of the basic Kryptonian primal instincts and needs. That is why I was trying to contact Superman. He may be able to shed some light on Connors new behavior."

Most of the team stood speechless with slightly confused looks on their faces, but while Wally had a look mimicking idiocy complete with a mouth left agape, Megan had a look of epiphany. Megan was slightly shaking her head and mumbling "I didn't think it was possible. I thought they were only stories."

As soon as she said those few words, Batman and the team turned toward the martian and gave her their full attention. "You didn't think what was possible? What have you heard?" Batman spoke slowly and questioningly but with an added glare that said you will tell me everything you know.

It was at this very moment that the supercomputer decided to come to life with an incoming call from Superman. Batman walked over to the computer and pressed the button that brought the Man of Steel on the big screen for a video chat. "What is it that you needed to talk to me about?" asked the Kryptonian.

Batman glared at Superman and replied in an even and accusing tone "I think that it would be better if you came to Mount Justice for this little chat, especially if Miss Martian is going to give us a very thorough explanation as to why your clone decided to kidnap my son."