Chapter 7

Superboy POV

I grab Robin in my arms bridal style and quickly start to run out of the building we were currently residing in. I knew he would wake up and probably be mad at me again. I mean he really like that pool table and the couch was actually really comfortable, but I had to protect him even if he was furious with me. Once outside I start leaping as far as I can toward the forest on the outskirts of the city. I know that I can keep him hidden and well protected if I can at least just get us within the forest. There are plenty of cabins up on the mountains that people only use seasonally, so it's the perfect place for a couple of squatters like us.

Robin POV

One minute I'm sleeping very comfortably on the Boy of Steel's chest, and the next I find myself being carried down the stairs and out the door of our little getaway, or "haven" as I have started to call it. I mean it would make the perfect place to run off to if you had a bad day. Seriously, it's just down the street from this amazing bakery, is abandoned so you don't have to worry about noisy neighbors, and there is a pool table that I have been dying to get back to. So of course I'm mad when I wake to Connor taking me away from my new favorite hidey hole as fast as he could.

Upon figuring out that we were leaving I immediately start to barrage the clone with questions. "Why do we have to leave? Where are we going? Why can't we go back? What's wrong?"

He just continues to leap through the air for a few minutes while he thinks of a good enough response that can answer all of my questions. He finally stops jumping toward the outskirts of town for a moment and looks at me. "First off, we are leaving town. Second, I have to keep you safe, and our "haven" as you like to call it has been compromised. I can't let anyone take you from me, so I'm hiding you in the forest where nobody will find us." With that he begins his journey into the mountainous terrain once again.

I was so caught off guard by his declaration of ownership, that I couldn't think of a response and just let Superboy carry me into the woods. I know that he has feelings for me even though he has never openly said that he does. I don't even think he knows that he does, but he almost said that he did by saying that I could be taken from him. As if I was his to be taken away. That he cares about me so much that he can't stand the loss of my company, or the discomfort of my being. Connor has basically just taken ownership of me, and I think I'm okay with that.

Superboy POV

I can't believe he isn't making such a big deal about this. Usually he would insist that I put him down by now, and start to try and wriggle out of my inescapable grasp. It's kind of cute how he thinks he can break my hold on him. Wait did I just say that I think he's cute? I just meant in a little brother sort of way. Right? I mean I don't like him like that do I? I don't know, I've never had these feelings before. I don't even know if I'm supposed to have these feelings. I mean what Batman told me would explain a lot, but I can't listen to anything he said right now. All he wants is to get to Robin, and he is willing to do anything to achieve his goal. Whether that means lying about my heritage or taking slightly more drastic measures.

Anyway, Robin has been oddly quiet for a while now, and it's kinda bothering me. It's not like him to be so silent and brooding. I know that I'm usually like this, but on the young bird it just seems wrong. I hope I didn't do something wrong. I know I took him from his pool table, but it isn't the first time I've stolen him away. He should understand by now that I only do what I do because I must. I really hope that he gets out of this funk soon. Maybe I can think of a way to cheer him up when we find a place to stop and set up camp.

I continue to leap through the air for another 20 minutes or so before I come across a small cabin that looks like it's been empty for a few months if not longer. I gauge the distance that I have gone into the mountains and deem it far enough from civilization to keep Robin away from any danger. Nobody should come anywhere near this place for quite some time. I'm sure we will be left alone for quite some time.