Chapter 6

Superman sees the honesty in Batman's words and lets him pass and leave the base via Zeta tube teleporter. Superman turned back toward the martian and thanked her for letting him know more about his ancestry and decided that it was a good time to head back home. He had a lot to think about.

Batcave

Apart from the occasional squeak of a bat here and there, the cave that laid just beneath Batman's, or Bruce Wayne's, mansion was completely silent. That is until the computerized female voice of the Zeta Teleporter announced Batman's arrival. "Batman 01" There was a large flash and as the machine started to slow down the Dark Knight walked out of the machine at a brisk pace. Clearly something was disturbing the Caped Crusader. He walked right past his supercomputer destination already im mind. He went up the stairs into his humble abode and brushed right past his elderly butler Alfred.

"Master Bruce, I feel that I should inform you that young master Richard came through just a little while ago, oddly being carried by the young Kryptonian Clone, Connor I believe is his name sir." Alfred said this in his typical British accent and stiff formal pose.

Batman stopped and looked at Alfred, getting angry but not wanting to take it out on the person that takes care of him so well. "I am very well aware of this fact Alfred. Thank you for informing me. I am going to bed. Goodnight."

Alfred nodded his head in acceptance and started to walk away when he turned back to the Bat. "Are you expecting any visitors, and even if you aren't what should I tell people this time?"

Batman just continues on his way to his room and his King size bed. "Just tell them I'm with Jessica."

Alfred just smiles and starts to turn back to cleaning the massive fireplace in the even bigger living room. "You mean Janet." Alfred continued to clean the ashes out when he heard a loudWHATEVER! coming from the distance.

Batman had gone to bed to try and sleep off his constant worry for his son and anger for that stupid clone. Alfred on the other hand continued to clean and re clean the house just to make sure that it was spotless. After a while of this repetitive cleaning, Alfred decided to bake some of his famous chocolate chip cookies in hopes of cheering up the positively depressing Batman when he wakes up. For some reason the Dark Knight seems to become even more distant and uncaring if he goes through "cookie withdrawal" so it was definitely a good time to be in baking mode. Just as Alfred was putting the cookies in the oven, the extremely loud doorbell started to go off, informing the butler that someone was at the door to visit Bruce Wayne.

Alfred rushed to the front door to greet the visitor and quickly shoo them off to allow Bruce the sleep he so desperately needed. He opened the large doors and was eye to eye with the Man of Steel himself, or his civilian self that is. Clark Kent, Daily news reporter stood at the front steps of the mansion and just nodded to the butler. A silent agreement had been made between the two many years before concerning the Dark Knight. If he was in need, the Kryptonian was allowed to come over day or night and talk to the Bat to try and get him to see the bright side in any situation that was going on.

"Good evening master Clark." Alfred just bowed his head and stepped aside to allow Superman into Batman's home.

Kent walked through the large doors and gazed at the massive interior of the home. He could never get over just how much money the Bat was blessed with. "Please just call me Clark, there is no need for that master business."

"Of course master Clark, he is currently sleeping in his room. Please make yourself comfortable and go on up when you feel like it." Alfred quickly walked back to the kitchen to check on his cookies.