Chapter 8

Robin POV

I don't think this will affect any part of our relationship, and I hope I can help him understand that he didn't do anything wrong. It scares me that there are these parts of Connor, but it is also reassuring to know that I have all of that raw power and ferocity on my side. If Connor was pushed to, he would use all of that to protect me. I don't know why, but I feel incredibly honored to know that he was able to snap out of his state just because he saw me. Like I'm the cause for which he acts so emotionally to begin with. And I could tell he thought he scared me off, which is why he almost cried. That touches me the most. I honestly think I'm falling for this Super Clone.

Robin POV

We had a long walk back to the cabin so to pass the time I look at our surroundings and take in the beauty of the forested mountain. I don't really mind that it was such a long walk, but I think I just enjoyed it more because Connor hadn't let go of my hand yet. It really was nice to just walk hand in hand with the Boy of Steel and watch the various animals run around. Like one instance where a squirrel ran right up to me. I stopped for a minute and looked at it while it turned its head to the side with a curious look. Connor thought he could coax the squirrel over but as soon as he tried it furrowed its body up in a way that I can only describe as being a frightened cat, and ran away, leaving a slightly offended teen in its wake. I immediately busted out laughing at his expression that said "How dare he run away from me?"

At my laughter Connor turned toward me and blushed in the cutest way possible. I just smiled at him and continued to drag him toward the cabin. We only had a little farther to walk so I quickened our pace to reach our destination quicker. I would never admit this, but it was actually really cold out, and all I wanted to do was curl up next to the fireplace, and maybe with a warm Superboy to cuddle with. O my god, I really am falling for him. I think he's cute when he blushes, and am wanting to cuddle. Why? What is it about him that makes me want to be with him?

We were just getting back to the cabin when Connor pushes me behind him. "Stay behind me."

I am a little surprised and caught off guard so I immediately ask "What's wrong? What's going on?" Who in their right mind wouldn't?

He just points toward a green jeep off to the side of the cabin and said "We aren't alone."

I look a little closer at the jeep and sigh with relief "Connor it's just the forest ranger. We are gonna be fine."

I started walking toward the cabin once again and was yet again pushed behind the clone. He started to lead me forward and I realized that this was the best I was going to get from him, so I followed behind the protective male. We reached the front door to find it already open, so Superboy cautiously led me inside quickly telling me to "be careful." We walked into the living room and he told me to stay put while he checked out the rest of the cabin. I crossed my arms clearly annoyed with his overprotective tendencies. I mean seriously, he's acting as if a dangerous criminal broke in. It's clearly the forest ranger, and we left the door unlocked, so it's perfectly understandable that they just walked in.

I stood in the living room waiting for Connor to come back and wishing that he would start a fire, when from the kitchen I hear some glass break and a loud exclamation of "Oh my!" Hero senses kicking in, I run to the kitchen to see what went wrong. Upon my arrival I see Superboy standing in the doorway looking over toward the sink. When I get close enough to look past him, I see a woman over by the sink completely ogling him. Mouth agape and everything! How dare she! And don't even say it was because she was surprised, she was clearly liking the view and taking a few too many liberties of staring at it. Especially because that view was mine, and mine alone.

I cleared my throat and stepped in front of Connor to make myself known. I crossed my arms and gave the woman the deadliest bat glare that I could muster, that sent a clear message saying, lay off, he's mine. She paid almost no attention to me as her gaze went right back to the clone behind me. This irritated me beyond belief to the point that I wanted nothing more than to tie her up and leave her hanging upside down in a tree for some wandering bear to find.

I was in the middle of my little fantasy when she asked "Who are you?"

I was just about to reply when I realized she was only talking to Connor. "Well who are you, and what are you doing here?" I snapped bringing her attention back to me and away from my man.

She looks at me for a moment and then realizes my uniform. Realization dawns on her face and she said "Oh I'm Holly the forest ranger, I had to come check on the cabin while the owners were gone. You aren't seriously the Boy Wonder are you?"

Her question just irritated me even further "Well why else would I be wearing this uniform? Halloween isn't for quite some time."

She looked a little shocked and offended at my sarcasm. "Well I'm sorry but I was just surprised is all. Anyway what are you doing here? This isn't your home. And shouldn't you be back in Gotham?"

"I don't have to be in Gotham. I am able to go wherever the hell I want, when I want, and I know this isn't our home. We have some League business to attend to in the area, and decided to take advantage of this cabin instead of sleeping on the ground."

"Well in that case stay as long as you need to. I'm positive that the owners won't mind." With that she looks back up at Connor and flirtatiously asks. "So what your name?"

By this point he looks a little bored and replies "Superboy"

"Wait Superboy? As in Superman? I didn't know he had a son. That must be amazing to have the Man of Steel as a father. Is he really as amazing as everyone says he is?"

That was it. I could feel Connor tense up behind me. If she had any chance at all with him, she just blew it. I looked at her with disgust, I mean seriously bringing up the words Superman and father in the same sentence with Connor in the room. That is just plain wrong. And to top it off she just went from flirting with him to idolizing his father. She clearly doesn't know how to flirt well.

With a quick glare and look of disgust sent her way, I turn toward Connor and rest my hand on his muscled arm. O god that arm, I've been carried in his arms before but never really paid much attention to his rock hard muscles and rough yet strangely silky skin. It wasn't until now that I realized these things, and in the midst of an overbearing oaf of a woman standing ten feet away ogling my man. I feel the blush creeping onto my face due to embarrassing lustful thoughts about the clone in front of me and anger towards the woman that wouldn't take a hint.

I look up from Connors magnificent arm to his perfect face with those amazing blue eyes to find him looking at me with loving compassion and is that lust? I quickly forget about my unimportant quip and begin losing myself in his gaze. I step closer and closer to him, breathing in that amazingly perfect and addictive scent of his. I can feel my heart beat faster and faster, my own bodies impatience as to what it knows is soon to come. I can see that Connor is feeling the same things as he brings his face closer and closer to mine.

I know that this is what we have both been waiting for. The moment of truth. Will I actually go through with it? Am I actually in love with Superboy? Will he enjoy kissing me? That's it right there, the fact that I asked if he would like kissing me after I asked if I loved him proves that I really am head over heels in love with him. I honestly think I've known it for a while now but just couldn't let myself believe it. Now it's time to just worry about the possible rejection of the one I love.

All these questions and thoughts passed through my mind in but a few moments, just enough time for our faces to get that much closer. My heart was fluttering i my chest. My body shook with anticipation and nervousness. My lips burned with the need to be pressed against his own, followed by the rest of his perfect body. There he was, barely an inch away from me. I could feel his warm breath on my face and it only intensified my need to bridge the space between us, but my fear of rejection held me back. I waited for him to make the first move, and here it is. He just starts to move forward once again, determination clearly seen in his eyes. This is it, a second more and "YOU GUYS ARE GAY!"