Unexpected guest

"What are you doing here ?", Kïma asked loudly.

Bast shrugged and answered:

"We'll have plenty of time to discuss later! Now we have to get rid of these two!"

Aloy was speechless. She just stood there, trying to understand why he was here. She eventually helped Kïma destroying the first one, that the collector had already damaged quite a lot.

"Outcast ! Do as I said and climb that ladder ! You'll have a better shooting position !", Bast commanded, also helping the collector, who was still on the scaffolding.
Aloy decided not to answer and go with Kïma, to make sure she was okay.

Once she was standing next to her, she noticed the other machines weren't alive anymore. Maybe Bast took them down while Kïma and Aloy were fighting?
She aimed at the Corruptor's eye, waiting for Kïma to freeze it with the bombs. A thick layer of ice appeared as expected. A second later, Aloy let her arrow find its way to the red eye.
It burst into pieces as the machine fell to the ground, its light gone.

"Yay !", Kïma shouted, raising her fists in the air.

"Still one left! It's already damaged, we can kill it !", Bast encouraged.

"It's getting really close, it's weird.. ", Aloy noticed, furrowing her eyebrows.

Indeed, the remaining machine was now right under them, apparently staring at them. They already destroyed its guns so it wasn't dangerous.

But it turned out it was maybe more dangerous than they thought.
Aloy felt her body falling before she could understand what was going on.
The machine had used its tail to break the wooden beams holding the platform they were standing on.
She managed to grab a rock side to avoid the long fall. Apparently Kïma wasn't that lucky and could only fall right onto the machine.
Stunned, Aloy could contemplate a furious Kïma planting her spear a dozen times in the robot's head, shutting it down in a few seconds.

"Well done!", Bast complimented, once they gathered in the center of the digging area.

Aloy rolled her eyes, surprised to hear him saying something nice. The collector put her hand on her hips, saying with an weird pace:

"What are you doing here exactly? Aren't you supposed to be deadly wounded and resting in the Embrace?"

"I was made a Seeker, just like you. The matriarchs thought that I had to avenge the tribe as well."

"A Seeker ? You?", Aloy repeated, shocked.

"But your wounds...?", Continued the collector.

Bast put her arm over the author's shoulder before answering:

"Well, she helped me a bit, I must say. She knows that she can basically do anything here so she healed me quickly, even if I still have a few injuries, but it's nothing."

"It could explain why my leg healed so fast.", Kïma said, crossing her arms.

The author smiled a bit, before hitting the blonde Nora in the ribs, saying :

"Don't you have something for her, you dummy?"

A quick 'oh' fell from his mouth, as he buried his hand in his pocket. He reached out a focus, with a blue light.
He didn't say anything but Aloy knew it was hers, that she lost after the Proving. She took it slowly, mentally smiling at the idea of being able to see her recorded memories again. She said bitterly :

"Thank you so much. Here, take this one in exchange."

He said nothing and accepted the other, orange lighted.
The author smiled before waving at her characters and walking away.