Chapter One

One - Now we begin the actual story. i hope you vote and comment as much as possible as i need all the help i can get :D enjoy the first chapter okay the spacing may seem chaotic however i think this makes it far easier to read. i write a lot and i am sorry but this is meant to be a book so i can't help it lol i hope this makes things easier :D

A shrill ringing erupted from the tiny clock on Jess' bedside table. She turned off the alarm-clock with a bang from her fist. Muttering irritably she sat up and rubbed her eyes. She swung her long legs out of her bed and flung her duvet off of her then shuffled over to her wardrobe. Jess pulled on her school uniform - that consisted of a black pencil skirt, white blouse, black v-neck jumper with a tie in red and silver, school colours, and black tights with black slip on shoes- quickly brushed her long wavy brown hair that was still slightly damp from her shower before her sleep, washed her face and brushed her teeth and then trudged downstairs. Her eyes barely open as she flopped down on a chair and rested her head on her arms.

"Oh morning Jess," said her mum as she bustled about the kitchen. She was a curvy woman with mid-length curly brown hair tied back with a bandana. Her sapphire blue eyes contributed usually to a smile of warmth that framed her glistening white teeth. She wore black trousers and black shoes with a red v-neck top. On the counter was a white double breasted chef's coat.

"Mmm......hmmm" mumbled Jess in reply her head still buried in her arms and her light brown messy curls flopping over her shoulders and onto the table.

"Goodness Jess you'd think you'd never slept. Now sit up and eat your breakfast if you're going to be like this go to bed earlier!"

"OK, OK whatever,"

"Oh the alien does speak English? Fascinating!" teased Jake, her older brother, his brown hair falling into his eyes.

"Oh ha-ha, but you see I am sometimes astonished by exactly the same thing with you." Jess smiled sweetly. Jake glared at her from behind his fringe.

"You two stop it now and Jake for goodness sake get your hair out of your eyes!" scolded their mum as she rushed about tidying.

Jake sat back in his chair and pushed his dark brown hair to the side and put his hands behind his head. His hair was thick and quite short and gelled into a tousled style. He thought it looked cool and so did many girls at school. Jess always wondered why girls would like a guy who took as much, if not more, time on his hair than they did.

"Jessica, you're as bad get your fringe out of your eyes or so help me!"

Jess cringed as she heard her full name and pushed her sweeping side fringe away from her eyes and finished her cereal.

"Jess, Jake look at the time it's quarter past, time to go. Move it."

"We're going, we're going, keep your hair on I've barely digested my breakfast." grumbled Jess sliding out the chair. Her mother rolled her eyes and began clearing away the breakfast dishes and listened to the rumblings of her husband, Elliot, moving around upstairs.

Jess lightly hit Jake on the back of the head as a signal to move as she walked through the corridor and lifted her jacket from the hook in the cupboard and slipped it on as she scooped up her bag from the stair as she walked into the hall. She chucked Jake his bag as he picked up his guitar case and slung it over his back, his jacket already on. He caught the strap with his free hand and shrugged it onto his shoulder. Together they walked down the stepping stone path tugging their jackets closer in the bite of the chilled air, opened the gate and walked down the street to, her best friend, Arianna's house as usual.

*

Arianna woke up before her alarm had rung and she switched it off. She gazed around her room with wide eyes as she blinked rapidly. She swung her legs round and slid daintily off her soft bed. She padded over to her en-suite bathroom and switched on the shower letting it warm up. She then slipped off her pyjamas and stepped into the hot lashings of water and closed the door letting the steam build up. Once finished she turned off the shower and wrapped a towel round her small slender body and opened the shower cubicle door to carefully stand on the tiled floor of her bathroom then walked over to the sink.